Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

C3D 2015 Graphics Problems

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
otter
533 Views, 4 Replies

C3D 2015 Graphics Problems

Hello, I have W7 64 SP1, ASUS P9X79 PRO Rev 1.xx motherboard, i7-4930K CPU, 16 GB ram, Nvidia K2000 graphics card and I am having graphics issues with C3D 2015. I have 2 30" dell 3007WFP monitors with DVI connections. I have a dell DP to DVI adapter for the DP to DVI conversion on the second monitor. But, even when I only run one monitor from the DVI port on the graphics card, I still have the same problems. I have tried all the available drivers for the graphics card with HW Acceleration both on and off- See notes at end for the results of these tests. I have done a complete uninstall and re-install of the graphics drivers and C3D 2015 and removed all autocad folders and registry entries.per: http://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/autocad/troubleshooting/caas/sfdcarticles/sfdcarticles/How-to-... I have used C cleaner and a graphics driver cleaner to cleanse the system. I re-installed with MS security off. Still the same problems. The problems are as follows: Generally, many dialog boxes do not populate with text or graphics until I click on them. When you can't see the OK or Cancel buttons, this is a problem. When I select a points file to import, the file name and file type fields stay blank until I click on them. In point file export, the choice for point group is greyed out and does not register a check mark even after clicking on it. If I try to edit a note made with annotate/note/add, I have to hit buttons twice to get a response like delete or space, and then I get two spaces or deletes. Selecting custom scale in the pull-down often crashes the program as does scalelistedit. Another regular problem is points groups hierarchy does not show changes in order when I hit the up down buttons, until I click on the field in the dialog box.. I could go on, but that is the sort of problems I am having. Is anyone else having these problems? Does anyone have a solution? Could this be a bad windows 7 installation? Below are my notes from my tests of the drivers: /////////////////////////////////////// 334.95 HW acc off note editing does not work and box is blank until I click on the field. Each edit must be enforced with another keystroke, or click on the black field to get the previous entry to display be it a space, or a letter, or a deletion. same with HW acc on //////////////////////////////////////// 334.67 beta with HW acc - same problems 334.67 beta HW acc off works better Notes edit works occasionally. generally the display for the text being edited shows, but the editing is almost always troublesome as with the other drivers. Also, as with the other drivers: Points insert from file does not populate until I click on field. Points groups hierarchy does not show changes until I click on the field. Points identity does not work from points creation tools - cannot edit any fields - but does work form settings/points/commands ////////////////////////////////////////////////////// 333.11 same as 334.95 with HW acc on or off //////////////////////////////////////////////////////// 332.76 same as 334.95 with HW acc on or off //////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////// 332.50 same as 334.95 with HW acc on or off ///////////////////////////////////////////////////// autocad certified 332.81 same as 334.95 with HW acc on or off ///////////////////////////////////////////////////////////// 321.01 with HW acc on points editing worked once with HW acc - then not after that points groups hierarchy does not show changes until I click on field. points insert from file does not populate until I click on field with hw acc off points insert from file does populate points goups hierarchy does not show changes until I click on field. note edit does not work delay and needs double entry to get result
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
antoniovinci
in reply to: otter

Sir, this ain't the right place to write your life's story, so please start over and rewrite everything in ONE sentence, thx.

Message 3 of 5
otter
in reply to: antoniovinci

OK hers is the briefest summary. In C3D 2015, editing notes does not work. the problems vary from the dialog not filling in with graphics and text, to edits not responding to keystrokes until the second keystroke. Also, the program often crashes when I thy to c create a custom scale. K2000 graphics card, and I have tried all available drivers with HW acc. both on and off. Thanks - Otter
Message 4 of 5
antoniovinci

Give this a try: if it doesn't work, I fear you gotta reinstall Civil, better as administrator...

Message 5 of 5
neilyj666

@Anonymous wrote:
OK hers is the briefest summary. In C3D 2015, editing notes does not work. the problems vary from the dialog not filling in with graphics and text, to edits not responding to keystrokes until the second keystroke. Also, the program often crashes when I thy to c create a custom scale. K2000 graphics card, and I have tried all available drivers with HW acc. both on and off. Thanks - Otter

This problem has been with Civil as long as I can remember but it is not readily reproducible so is difficult to troubleshoot causes but the only solution is to grab the dialog box and move it slightly.

Also empty out your TEMP files folder; Start button and type %temp% in the search box

neilyj (No connection with Autodesk other than using the products in the real world)
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

AEC Collection 2024 UKIE (mainly Civil 3D UKIE and IW)
Win 11 Pro x64, 1Tb Primary SSD, 1Tb Secondary SSD
64Gb RAM Intel(R) Xeon(R) W-11855M CPU @ 3.2GHz
NVIDIA RTX A5000 16Gb, Dual 27" Monitor, Dell Inspiron 7760

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report