Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

C3D 2015 export to AutoCAD

8 REPLIES 8
SOLVED
Message 1 of 9
Anonymous
665 Views, 8 Replies

C3D 2015 export to AutoCAD

Our office has quite a few clients with vanilla AutoCAD for which we need to export 2015 Civil3D files into AutoCAD format.  When we were using 2013 Civil3D, our survey points would export as a block.  This was very nice for the clients because they could see which descriptor and elevation went with which point symbol.  They could then explode the block to have the text separated from the symbol but the symbol still as an intact block.  If needed they could then explode the symbol into its basic parts (lines, curves, etc) if they needed to edit its appearance; although they rarely took this last step.  With 2015 Civil3D everything goes out as fully exploded into its basic parts at the very beginning.  Clients are complaining that they can't figure out which point the descriptions and elevations are associated with and that the symbols are a complete pain to work with because they are in so many tiny pieces.  Is there any way to go back to the 2013 way of exporting?

Thanks,

Renee

8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
ToddRogers-WPM
in reply to: Anonymous

AFAIK, doesn't look like there is a way to do this.  I feel their pain.  Why on earth would Autodesk change this?

Todd Rogers
Message 3 of 9
tcorey

All I can say is open and ExporttoAutoCAD with 2013, for now.

There might be a fix if and when Autodesk publishes a service pack for 2015. Historically, they have made those available around August to September.

Tim Corey
MicroCAD Training and Consulting, Inc.
Redding, CA
Autodesk Gold Reseller

New knowledge is the most valuable commodity on earth. -- Kurt Vonnegut
Message 4 of 9
odoshi

The command is still there in 2015.

Run the command line version to specify the version (Format) you want to save to.

-EXPORTTOAUTOCAD

Regards,

Mike

Mike Caruso
Autodesk Certified Instructor 2014
AutoCAD/Civil 3D Autodesk Certified Professional 2014, 2015, 2018
www.whitemountaincad.com
Message 5 of 9
ToddRogers-WPM

@odoshi That is not the issue. The issue is that once exported, everything is exploded instead of being blocks like it was pre-2015.
Todd Rogers
Message 6 of 9
odoshi
in reply to: ToddRogers-WPM

Actually, I think I got the issue.

If you use the 2015 Command in the Application menu, Export Civil 3D Drawing, you will get the super-duper exploded results identified in the OP.

If you run the command line version of -EXPORTTOAUTOCAD as I mentioned, which is a different command, the original command pre-2015, it runs the single explode version and you get a block for your point.

The new 2015 version was made for CalTrans to include DGN but when choosing DWG, it does the super-duper explode. But the original version of the command still remains loaded in 2015, just no button for it. Ya gots to type it in.

Regards,

Mike

Mike Caruso
www.whitemountaincad.com
Message 7 of 9
ToddRogers-WPM

@odoshi You learn something everyday. That'a good one to know. Kudos for you my friend.
Todd Rogers
Message 8 of 9
tcorey
in reply to: odoshi

Good one, Mike!

Tim Corey
MicroCAD Training and Consulting, Inc.
Redding, CA
Autodesk Gold Reseller

New knowledge is the most valuable commodity on earth. -- Kurt Vonnegut
Message 9 of 9
odoshi
in reply to: tcorey

I'm bumping this thread because I did a little more testing on the 2 version of this feature. You can read about it over here:

http://civil3d.guru/2015/02/sharing-civil-3d-drawings-with-the-rest-of-the-world/

The Points are really the only object that gets exploded down to the smallest bits, but there are some other noteworthy items with respect to Alignments and Profiles.

Regards,

Mike Caruso
www.whitemountaincad.com

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report