Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

C3D 2015 - Copy surface label causes crash

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
Cadguru42
285 Views, 5 Replies

C3D 2015 - Copy surface label causes crash

I think I've found a bug. Whenever I try to copy a surface slope label C3D fatal errors. This happens with the running OSNAPs on. It does not happen with OSNAP off. Has anyone else run into this problem?

EDIT: It's not just OSNAP, it's any snap that causes it. I tried creating new labels instead of copying an existing one and was able to make about 3 before C3D crashed again. So far I've submitted about 10 CERs. 

C3D 2022-2024
Windows 10 Pro
32GB RAM
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
rl_jackson
in reply to: Cadguru42

Is the surface a dref or xref?

Rick Jackson
Survey CAD Technician VI

Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 3 of 6
neilyj666

I just created four or five labels on my surface and all worked. I then grabbed all the labels, copied and pasted to another location several time and no crashes (The surface is a data shortcut)

neilyj (No connection with Autodesk other than using the products in the real world)
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

AEC Collection 2024 UKIE (mainly Civil 3D UKIE and IW)
Win 11 Pro x64, 1Tb Primary SSD, 1Tb Secondary SSD
64Gb RAM Intel(R) Xeon(R) W-11855M CPU @ 3.2GHz
NVIDIA RTX A5000 16Gb, Dual 27" Monitor, Dell Inspiron 7760
Message 4 of 6
Cadguru42
in reply to: rl_jackson

@Anonymous wrote:
Is the surface a dref or xref?

It's a DREF surface. Just two days ago I made about 25 of them without problems. Then yesterday I couldn't make any copies and only about 3 at a time before C3D would crash. I restarted C3D and it still happened. I then restarted the computer and it still happened. I ended up using the corridor section editor to get slopes and having to write them down since it's impossible to label this drawing. 

I'm stumped as to how I can cause a crash every time, yet never had the problem until yesterday. 

C3D 2022-2024
Windows 10 Pro
32GB RAM
Message 5 of 6
rl_jackson

I sure you have tried but I'll say it anyway. AUDIT

If the drawing isn't too awful busy, I would recreate it if the audit didn't work. (depends on your situation)

Rick Jackson
Survey CAD Technician VI

EESignature

Message 6 of 6
Cadguru42
in reply to: rl_jackson

@Anonymous wrote:

I sure you have tried but I'll say it anyway. AUDIT

If the drawing isn't too awful busy, I would recreate it if the audit didn't work. (depends on your situation)

Yeah, I've done audit. It never finds any errors. This happens to be my corridor drawing and I'm supposed to have it finished by tomorrow morning so the surveyors can go stake it out. Recreating the drawing is a no go. 😞

C3D 2022-2024
Windows 10 Pro
32GB RAM

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report