Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

C3D 2015-2014 Survey Database Issue

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
Cadguru42
276 Views, 2 Replies

C3D 2015-2014 Survey Database Issue

I think I've found another undocumented change to the survey database in 2015. I've found nothing that says the survey database is changed between 2015 and 2014, yet if a database that has been opened and edited in 2015 is opened in 2014 I get the error below. 

survey_database_2014_error.png

Has anyone seen this issue?

C3D 2022-2024
Windows 10 Pro
32GB RAM
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
Cadguru42
in reply to: Cadguru42

It looks like 2015 has corrupted the survey database that was used in 2014 without issue. I ended up exporting the database as a LandXML, then I created a brand new survey database and imported the LandXML into it. Figures that refused to be created automatically before have now shown up in the export, but there are multiple ones on top of each other. It's a complete mess. The worst part is I can't select all the non-automatic figures and delete them due to the bug that crashes whenever you select multiple ones through the panorama. Well, I can do them one at a time, but who wants to spends hours deleting hundreds of figures?

Very disappointed with C3D 2015, especially on the survey end.

C3D 2022-2024
Windows 10 Pro
32GB RAM
Message 3 of 3
cbaildon001
in reply to: Cadguru42

Why am I not surprised. Survey seems to have always been at the bottom of the priority list and it wouldn't be the first time that they have made significant undocumented changes to the survey database.

Caleb Baildon
Senior Surveyor
Opus International Consultants Ltd
Wellington, New Zealand
Civil3D 2015 - Windows10

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report