Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

C3D 2014. Can not import styles into my drawings.

6 REPLIES 6
SOLVED
Message 1 of 7
randcdavidson
1261 Views, 6 Replies

C3D 2014. Can not import styles into my drawings.

I open two different drawings, I'll call X and Y. I make X current. Using the setting tabs of the prospector I go to Y drawing and click the plus and open the styles i want to insert into X drawing. So for example I open <General <Label Styles <Note Elevation and drag that style into my X drawing. I go and look at my X drawing <General <Label Styles <Note and see that Elevation is not there.

I have tried using AeccImportStylesAndSettings and also I'm running the sincpac which has an import civil styles function that does not work either. I went to a co-workers machine and he can get the styles import function to work just fine.

So any thoughts as to why I may not be able to get this to work? I even tried to create a new layout from template and still could not get beyond the styles that are default to my current drawing. My only option is to create the styles manually and that is, well, NOT AN OPTION!

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
rl_jackson
in reply to: randcdavidson

Did you try inserting drawing X into Drawing Y

Rick Jackson
Survey CAD Technician VI

Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 3 of 7

Just tried that too. Still no results.

Wouldn't the create layout from template do the same thing?

Message 4 of 7
Jeff_M

Have you run Audit? Do you get any error messages when opening the drawing?

Jeff_M, also a frequent Swamper
EESignature
Message 5 of 7
randcdavidson
in reply to: Jeff_M

Yes ran the audit and no error messages. This is happening on all my drawings so not just this one. Something wrong with my settings or computer as I said a co-worker has to import styles into the drawings from his computer. Same drawing on the same network.

Message 6 of 7
rl_jackson

I would recommend a reinstall

Rick Jackson
Survey CAD Technician VI

Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 7 of 7
randcdavidson
in reply to: Jeff_M

Jeff sorry but I assumed that I had run an audit. I just ran it and it fixed the style import problem. Thanks for the help and you too jackson

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report