Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

C3D 2013 service pack 2

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
lhampton
302 Views, 2 Replies

C3D 2013 service pack 2

Another absolutly awesome Civil 3D feature I discovered this morning, whal trying to update my Civil 2013 install. I double click on the service pack, and it ASKS ME FOR AN INSTALL DISK to install the patch!!! We do not use disks anymore, C3D was installed from the download on the subscription center. Awesome, now I cant upgrade my install to fix the 10000000 bugs in the 2013 Release! Hooray Autodesk for always messing something up bad, im ashamed that we pay you clowns so much money for this stuff.

Anyone know how I can install this service pack?

REINSTALLATION IS NOT AN OPTION AS YOU CANT ACTUALLY UNINSTALL CIVIL 2013 FROM WINDOWS 7, search for it, youll see the 100 threads about the uninstall process not working.

Intel i7 2600 /z68 Gigabyte
8gigs DDR3 1800
Intel 320 Series SSD
Quadro 600 (1gig)
C3D 2016 / LDT 2009 / Win7 x64
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
MikeEvansUK
in reply to: lhampton

can you create a disk image from the downloaded disc then map that in windows as a drive?
Mike Evans

Civil3D 2022 English
Windows 7 Professional 64-bit
Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-3820 CPU @ 3.60GHz (8 CPUs), ~4.0GHz With 32768MB RAM, AMD FirePro V4900, Dedicated Memory: 984 MB, Shared Memory: 814 MB

Message 3 of 3
Jeff_M
in reply to: lhampton

The ServicePack installers always look in the folder that the product was initially installed from. SO if it was on your hard drive and you subsequently deleted or renamed that original folder you will be prompted for a location to find the files. You can see where it was installed from be checking the registry here: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\{5783F2D7-B000-0409-2102-0060B0CE6BBA} and looking at the InstallSource key. Making sure that folder/path exists and the install files are there will allow the ServicePack to be installed. (Note that the GUID shown is for the Civil3D US English version)

Jeff_M, also a frequent Swamper
EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report