Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

C3D 2013 Points and grip editing

42 REPLIES 42
SOLVED
Message 1 of 43
Jeff_M
2579 Views, 42 Replies

C3D 2013 Points and grip editing

In previous versions, grip editing a point from one place to another maintained the point elevation regardless of how the point was moved. For instance, drag it from it's current location and snap to the end of a line. In 2013 the point elevation now changes to match the elevation of the point snapped to. 

Is there a new setting to control how points react to Osnaps? Or are we now expected to use the .XY filter (without ever being notified of this change in workflow)?

Jeff_M, also a frequent Swamper
EESignature
42 REPLIES 42
Message 41 of 43
MarySeufert
in reply to: neilyj666

@neilyj666 wrote:

By the way, your icon (even though its not really yours) has won the best looking OSNAPZ icon competition Smiley Very Happy

Kudos go to the ACA/AMEP development team, and all those Autodesk people that recreate all our wonderful buttons every three years or so! Also, I just love SnagIt, since I couldn't access that button through the CUI.

Forgot that the button actually has two looks On and Off. Here is the ON look... Totally blows the competition out of the water! Smiley LOL

EXPERT ELITE MEMBER
Message 42 of 43
neilyj666
in reply to: MarySeufert

It's certainly a mystery why this functionality is left out of Civil 3D where the 3rd dimension is critical - Autodesk there's a clue in the name...!?!?!?

I would raise a support request but I reckon I'd be wasting my time even though I don't imagine it would take them long to fix this one

neilyj (No connection with Autodesk other than using the products in the real world)
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

AEC Collection 2024 UKIE (mainly Civil 3D UKIE and IW)
Win 11 Pro x64, 1Tb Primary SSD, 1Tb Secondary SSD
64Gb RAM Intel(R) Xeon(R) W-11855M CPU @ 3.2GHz
NVIDIA RTX A5000 16Gb, Dual 27" Monitor, Dell Inspiron 7760
Message 43 of 43
Sinc
in reply to: neilyj666

I think it took us at most a couple of hours total to re-add this functionality via the Sincpac-C3D, which includes creating the icons.  I have no idea why Autodesk removed it, since it was in C3D 2008 and before, then disappeared in C3D 2009 (I think...  It's getting hard for me to remember what appeared/disappeared in which versions of C3D....).

Sinc

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report