Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

C3D 2013: Parcel Properties-Description is not shown in DWG

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
Anonymous
394 Views, 5 Replies

C3D 2013: Parcel Properties-Description is not shown in DWG

Hi all,

In my AutoCAD Civil 3D 2013, I created a parcel from 4 lines. I selected the parcel (Property : 1) to get the Properties tab and edited the Style of my parcel: (i) changed Property : 1 to NewLOT : 1 in Name. (ii) added 22.5 mg/Kg Arsenic; 33.6 mg/Kg Lead; 66.9 mg/Kg Mercury to Description.  In the drawing area, NewLOT : 1 appears, but, there are no 22.5 mg/Kg Arsenic, 33.6 mg/Kg Lead, 66.9 mg/Kg Mercury shown up below the NewLOT: 1 line - see the attached file. Please kindly help and tell me how to bring the chemical data from the Description of my parcel to the drawing area.

Thanks in advance,

Scott Chang   

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

i would edit the area label style of the parcel and add a component of the label that should be able to display the parcel description. See attachments. what happened to the ability to insert images in the body of the post?
Message 3 of 6
Anonymous

Hi Dan, Thank you very much for your nice, valuable resonses for this thread and the other one.

I tried to do what you instructed. I went to Settings => Parcel => Label Styles => Area => Parcel Name (see the ist attached file), => I got Label Style Composer Name (see the 2nd attached file), not Text Composer Editor - Contents (your 1st attached file).  I don't know to get Text Composer Editor - Contents to do the job I need to edit.  Please kindly help and give me more detailed instructions for getting Text Composer Editor - Contents for editing I need to do.

Please respond again,

Many Thanks,

Scott Chang   

Message 4 of 6
Anonymous

scott, you are so very close. click on the layout tab at the top of the label style composer. Then look for text-contents and click on the field on the right side of the word contents. you should see the ... box come up. click on it to start the text component editor.
Message 5 of 6
Anonymous

Hi Dan, Thanks for your nice response.

It works nicely. I got what I want and your nice instructions cleared my mind about showing the chemical results listed in Description and DWG see the 1st attached file. I turned the Rotation Cube to the north to get a TOP-Front viw. The "NewLOT : 1" and "Chemical Results/Data" became blurred - see the 2nd attached file.

Three questions to ask you:

Q#1: In the 1st attached file, why do I get the white bachground?

Q#2: In the 2nd attached file, why do I get the black background?

Q#3: After I turned the Rotation Cube, why do I get the blurred "NewLOT : 1" and "Chemical Results/Data"? 

Many Thanks again,

Scott Chang

Message 6 of 6
Anonymous

The answers to 1 and 2 are background mask see attachment. For number 3 i'm guessing it has something to do with your video card. It will probably print just fine.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report