Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

C3D 2013: How to create 2 "triangle" Parcels from 4 Points of a square shape

14 REPLIES 14
Message 1 of 15
scottchang
666 Views, 14 Replies

C3D 2013: How to create 2 "triangle" Parcels from 4 Points of a square shape

Hi all,

I have 4 points/corners (with XYZ-coordinates) of a square shape created in the DWG of my AutoCAD Civil 3D 2013 program.  I want to create 2 "triangle-shape" parcels (one parcel connects Points #1-#2-#3-#1 and the other parcel connects Points #1-#4-#3-#1.   How can I create these 2 "triangle-shape" Parcels from the 4 points/corners of a squre shape?  Please kindly help and advise.

Thanks in advance,

Scott Chang 

14 REPLIES 14
Message 2 of 15
tcorey
in reply to: scottchang

Use the Parcel Creation Tools and pick the button labeled Draw Tangent-Tangent with No Curves.

Tim Corey
MicroCAD Training and Consulting, Inc.
Redding, CA
Autodesk Gold Reseller

New knowledge is the most valuable commodity on earth. -- Kurt Vonnegut
Message 3 of 15
scottchang
in reply to: tcorey

Hi Tim, Thanks for your response.

I located the Parcel Creation Tools. But I could not see the button labeled Draw Tangent-Tangent with No Curves.  Could you please tell me how I can bring it out in the toolbar?  Please respond again.

Thanks again,

Scott Chang

Message 4 of 15
scottchang

Hi Tim,

I found it and I used it to create the 2 "triangle" parcels I need.  One question to ask you:  The size of the text for Property 1 and Property 2 of Stie 1 is bigger than the Parcel itself.  How can I reduce the size of the text?  Please respond.

Thanks again,

Scott Chang

Message 5 of 15
wfberry

If you do not know about the Label Style Composer which includes ALL labels regardless of type, you should begin right now and do the Tutorials that come with this product.

Bill

Message 6 of 15
scottchang
in reply to: wfberry

Hi Bill, Thanks for your response.

Label Styles for Parcels are pretty complicated for me - see the 2 attched files.  I tried to edit the Parcel Name and Parcel Number, etc. without any luck.  Could you please kindly tell me where in the Settings => Area should I launch to do the Edit I need?

Thanks,

Scott Chang 

Message 7 of 15
Jeff_M

Did you change the TextHeight from 0.15 to something smaller? Also remember that the drawing scale (now shown as 1" = 40') affects the displayed size.

Jeff_M, also a frequent Swamper
EESignature
Message 8 of 15
scottchang
in reply to: Jeff_M

Hi Jeff,  Thanks for your response.

I have played with this project for few days and I might have change it. But the size of Proptery : 1 and Property : 2 is the same size as the original one on DWG no matter what I did/played with the "things like "Parcel Name", "Parcel Number", etc. in the Settings.  I have the drawing file attached in this thread.  Please kindly help, look into this DWG, and advise me how to change the size of  "Property : 1" and "Property : 2" on the "triangle" Parcels.

Thanks again,

Scott Chang

Message 9 of 15
Jeff_M

Scott, All I had to do was edit the ParcelName style, change the Text Height from 0.15 to 0.08, and the label resized....

9-5-2013 12-02-14 PM.png

EESignature
Message 10 of 15
scottchang

Hi Jeff, Thanks for your nice, valuble response.

I followed your instructions to change it and I got the right size for the Property : 1 and Property : 2 on my DWG.

One more technical thing to ask you:  I want to add the following things to the Property : 1 and Proptery : 2:

#1: Add "8.88 mg/Kg of Arsenic" to the Property : 1 and "11.8 mg/Kg of Lead: to the Property : 2.

#2: Add "9.99 mg/Kg of Mecury to the Propery : 1 and "22.5 mg/Kg of Lead to the Property : 2.

Question: Is any way for me to do #1 and #2 as the Attributes or Annotations to the Parcels I created?

Please kindly help, answer this question and respond again.

Many Thanks again,

Scott Chang 

Message 11 of 15
Jeff_M

You could add that information into the descriptions for the parcels, then include the Description property to the label style. (If you need help wth adding to the style, please follow Bill's advice and do some of the tutorials so you have a grasp of working with the styles.) Or, select a label,right-click and choose Edit Label text. Then you can add it directly to each label. I would use the first option.

EESignature
Message 12 of 15
scottchang

Hi Jeff, Thanks for your nice response.

I managed to understand the first option (including my "concentrations" in the Description property) you suggested - I worked on (i) the Settings =>Label Styles=>Area=>Parcel Name, and then (ii) the Prospector => Site => Site 1 => Parcels => Property : 1 for adding 333.5 mg/Kg Arsenic. I got the desired result - see the attached "Paint" file. One question to ask you: I want to the Name from "1" to "Lot 1" in the Label Style.  How can I change it? I have my DWG file attached in this thread for you to use for changing the Name from "1" to "Lot 1" in my project.  Please kindly help, advise and respond again.  

Many Thanks again,

Scott Chang

Message 13 of 15
Jeff_M

The Parcel Style has an option for the Naming convention to use:

9-10-2013 7-55-31 AM.png

Edit the Parcel name template to include the word LOT.

EESignature
Message 14 of 15
scottchang

Hi Jeff,

I can't insert the "LOT" in the Parcel name template - see the new attached "Paint" file.  Please help and advise again.

Scott Chang 

Message 15 of 15
scottchang

Hi Jeff, 

After a struggle in finding the right place to click and then insert "Lot #1", I got it - see the attached "point" file for the Name "Lot #1".

Scott Chang.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report