Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

C3D 2013 Flickering

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
rsBria
390 Views, 3 Replies

C3D 2013 Flickering

Cross hairs, view cube, x and y axis all flickering.  

The problem is specific to one drawing and goes away after closing and re-opening.  The problem is triggered by opening the "volume dashboard". 

It's worth noting that I have two volume surfaces that have cut and fill elevation analysis applied to them, displaying different levels of cut and fill.  The problem occurs both with the volume surfaces displayed or not.

This is not something we do often here, but from time to time. 

Also - just FYI - I am operating with hardware acceleration turned "off", which is how we (all of our designers) keep our workstations set.

Thanks - rsbria

C3D 2013 SP2

i7 3.4 ghz

16 gb Ram

64-bit

Windows 7 Pro

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
wfberry
in reply to: rsBria

In the past it has been cured by turning the Hardware Acceleration OFF, then back on.  In your case perhaps turn it ON then back OFF.

It made no sense but normally worked.

Bill

Message 3 of 4
murray-clack
in reply to: wfberry

A couple of things that always works for me is to keep the layer palette CLOSED.  Having the layer palette running in "real time" slows things down and causes that cursor "flicker".  I prefer using the "old fashioned" layer dialog box (either use the CLASSICLAYER command, or set LAYERDLGMODE to 0)

Another trick to speed the layer manager up (eithe the tool palette OR the dialog box) is to set SHOWLAYERUSAGE to zero

Message 4 of 4
david.zavislan
in reply to: rsBria

Close the volumes dashboard with the check button.  Not the X button. 

Read more

David Zavislan, P.E. | Wood Rodgers, Inc.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report