Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

C3D 2013: Editing Properties of Parcel in Information and Description

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
scottchang
391 Views, 5 Replies

C3D 2013: Editing Properties of Parcel in Information and Description

Hi all,

In the DWG of my AutoCAD Civil 3D 2013 project, I just created a parcel manually - see the first attched file. It had "Property : 1" on the original DWG, when I created. I selected this parcel => Properties tab =>Information =>Style:Create/Edit=>Parcel Style:Property=>Design=>Parcel name template=> Name Template/ Name: <[Parcel Style Name (CP)]>:<[Parcel Number]> was changed to SHC Lot: <[Parcel Number]> to get the new parcel name "SHC Lot : 1" on the DWG successfully - see the second attached file.

I tried to add some chemical results (23.5 mg/kg Arsenic; 66.7 mg/kg Lead; 88.9 mg/kg Mercury) into the parcel. So I selected this parcel => Properties tab => Information => Parcel Area Label Style: Create/Edit =>Parcel Name: => Layout / Label Style Composer/Component name: Parcel Name =>Text: Contents <[Name(CP)]> I clicked on the "Arrow" sign to bring the <[Description]> into the right-hand-side of Text Component Editor - Contents. I don't know how to finish this step and how to close the "Properties of Parcel" tab on the left-hand-side of the DWG (The selection of Parcel is still on). Please kindly help and advise me how to finish the last step and how to close the "Properties of Parcel" tab.

Thanks in advance,

Scott Chang

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
troma
in reply to: scottchang

Hit the Esc button to deselect the parcel.
Is that it?

Mark Green

Working on Civil 3D in Canada

Message 3 of 6
troma

That won't close the palette, but it will end the selection of the parcel and the properties palette will return to it's default state.

Mark Green

Message 4 of 6
scottchang

Hi troma, Thanks for your response.

I did as you instructed. Then I selected the Prospector and saw  the Name of Parcel of Site 1 (on the left-hand-side of DWG) is Property : 1, but the Name of Parcel (on the Drawing Area on the right-hand-side of the DWG) is SHC Lot : 1. Please see the attahed file.

Questions:

Q#1. Why do I have the different Names in the Parcel of Site 1 and in the Drawing Area (both on the Prospector)?

Q#2. How can I add the chemical results (23.5 mg/kg Arsenic; 66.7 mg/kg Lead; 88.9 mg/kg Mercury) under the SHC Lot :1?

Please kindly help and respond. 

Message 5 of 6
scottchang

Hi troma,

I played with my DWG: I selected the Parcel and added the chemical reslts in the "Description" of "Information".  It  worked nicely for me - see the attached file for details. One more question to ask you: Why do the horizontal lines in the black box of  "SHC Lot : 1 and Chemical Data"?  How can I delete the horizontal lines that cover "SHC Lot : 1 and Chemical Data"?  Please kindly advise and respond.

Many Thanks,

Scott Chang

Message 6 of 6
troma

Scott,
I've never worked with parcels. Sorry, I don't know any more about them. The only thing I responded to was your first question: to press Esc to deselect anything in Autocad or C3D.

Mark Green

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report