Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

C3d 2013 Drawing Hangs on Opening - "Upgrading COGO points"

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
plazio
1428 Views, 3 Replies

C3d 2013 Drawing Hangs on Opening - "Upgrading COGO points"

On opening a C3D 2013 drawing, C3D hangs for about 5 minutes.  At the bottom of the screen is the message: "Upgrading COGO points".  This drawing is only 974KB. 

The drawing is being opened from a network . I tried saving it on a local hard drive.  That had no effect. 

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
jmayo-EE
in reply to: plazio

Could the dwg file be looking for a point file that may have been erased, moved or renamed?

John Mayo

EESignature

Message 3 of 4
TCARCAMO78

Here is my check list to see whats going on.

1. run a RECOVER command or the RECOVERALL command on the drawing
  2. run -PURGE ( select Regapps) command on the drawing.
  3. if you are signed into your Autodesk 360 account but not using the cloud turn off the Enable Cloud stage
  4. Make sure your data shortcut is linked to the right project.
  5. Check xref links
  6. Turn off Hardware Acceleration option (3dconfig command)
  7. If you are not using the Survey Database features turn off in Toolspace and make sure its not linking to a project
  8. Open windows task manager and see if you have misc Autodesk application running such as AutoCAD Download Manager, Atutodesk InfoCenter, Aec32bitAppServer.exe, Content Services.
  9. Last try doing a repari on your C3D

Tony

CAD Manager

www.tonyscivil3dworld.blogspot.com

Tony Carcamo
CAD Manager
www.tonyscivil3dworld.blogspot.com
Message 4 of 4
plazio

This happened at least a dozen times while I tried various solutions this morning.  This afternoon after lunch I opened the drawing again and it opened almost instantaneously.  I changed nothing from when I closed the drawing this morning to when I opened it this afternoon.

Thank you all for your help.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report