Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

C3D 2013: Can I have 1 Layer of Points & 1 Layer of Lines?

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
scottchang
259 Views, 2 Replies

C3D 2013: Can I have 1 Layer of Points & 1 Layer of Lines?

Hi all,

I used PENZD file that has 8 points (4 locations with 2 depths in each location) to create a Point dwg that has several annotations I made.  Then I used the "Lines/Curves" => "Create Lines" by "Point # Range" to create 6 sets of lines: Line Set #1 that connects Points 1-3-5-7-1, Line Set #2 that connects Points 2-4-6-8-2, Line Set #3 that connects Points 1-2, Line Set #4 that connects Points 3-4, Line Set #5 that connects Points 5-6, Line Set #6 that connects Points 7-8.  The annotaions for the 8 points are gone, after I completed the creation of the Lines.  I wonder whether I can create 2 layers in the AutoCAD Civil 3D 2013: 1 layer for the 8 points with my annotations attached and 1 layer for the lines I created from the 8 points.   Please kindly help and advise.

Thanks,

Scott Chang 

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
KirkNoonan
in reply to: scottchang

Depending on the template you used as the basis for your drawing, they are probably already on separate layers. Check the properties of each object type by selecting it and pushing ctrl+1. That will show you the layer that the object is on (among other things)
Message 3 of 3
scottchang
in reply to: KirkNoonan

Hi Kirk, Thanks for your response.

I used the AutoCAD Civil 3D (Imperial) NCS.dwt to start my DWG and to create the 8 points first and then the lines from the 8 points.  Please tell me which DWT I should use for getting the 2 Layers of Popints and Lines I need - see the attached file that shows the most DWT files in the AutoCAD Civil 3D 2013 program.   Please kindly help and respond again,

Thanks again,

Scott Chang

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report