Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

C3D 2013: Can I add more Point Attribute Items after Point #, X, Y, Z?

25 REPLIES 25
SOLVED
Message 1 of 26
Anonymous
1400 Views, 25 Replies

C3D 2013: Can I add more Point Attribute Items after Point #, X, Y, Z?

Hi all,

In uploading the Point input data into  the AutoCAD Civil 3D 2013 software program, is it possible for me to add more Point Attribute items after Point Number, X, Y, Z?  I need to have the chemical results/data attached to the (sampling) Point that has the Point #, X, Y, Z - like  Point Number, X, Y, Z, Arsenic, Lead, Mercury in the input .txt (or .csv) file.  Please help, advise and respond.

Thanks in advance,

Scott Chang 

25 REPLIES 25
Message 21 of 26
Anonymous
in reply to: ToddRogers-WPM

Hi Todd,

I think that I understand your "Adding Attributes" method in the Point File Formats and Label Styles of Settings, after you created ATT1, ATT2, .... I tried your "Adding Attributes" method for my CDC8ptsPENZforC3D.DWG project and I got the output (right output for 2 locations and incomplete output for other 2 locations at Point #11 and Ppoint #15 ) - see the attached file for details. Notes: In this project, the Point# starts with 10 and ends with 17 (I forgot to delete the old input points). In your project, the Point# starts with 1 and ends with 8 as I originally set up.  Could you please tell me why I did not the concentration values of Lead/[Pb} and Mercury/[Hg] at Points #11 and #15? Please kindly help, advise and respond again.

Many Thanks again,

Scott Chang 

Message 22 of 26
ToddRogers-WPM
in reply to: Anonymous

Can you attach the drawing?  I can't tell what's going on with the points you are referring to by a screen shot.  Thanks.

Todd Rogers
Message 23 of 26
Anonymous

Hi Todd,

Here is the drawing file of my shcTempToddCDC8ptsPENZforC3D.dwg for you to check

Scott Chang

Message 24 of 26
ToddRogers-WPM

From looking at this, your point file does not have anything in those columns.  It is working correctly.  They are blank because the point file does not have that information in it. 

Todd Rogers
Message 25 of 26
Anonymous

Hi Todd,

I still cannot get the complete, perfect "Adding Attributes" in my PENZD project.  I need to ask you the following things:

#1:  What is difference between the PNEZD Point File Format (you used in your Video) and the PENDZ Point File Format (I used)?

#2: You used the "Import Points" in the Create Points Toolbar to create the points from the input data with Attributes.  I used the "Points from File" of "Insert" to create the points from the input data with Attributes.  Is any difference between your method and my method?

Please kindly help, answer these 2 questions for me and respond again.

Thanks again,

Scott Chang

Message 26 of 26
Anonymous

Hi Todd,

I tried the PNEZD Point File Format and the "Import Points" step you used in your video and I got the complete, perfact output in _All Points with the results of ATT1 and ATT2 - see the attached file for details.

Scott Chang

P. S.  One weird thing/observation to tell: If I grouped Points #1, #3, #5 & #7 as Point Group 1 and then created a new Label Style,.  I saw some Attributes were missing in the 3D Wireframe output screen!!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report