Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

C3D 2013:Annotate 2 points that are located in the same X,Y , different Z

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
scottchang
310 Views, 6 Replies

C3D 2013:Annotate 2 points that are located in the same X,Y , different Z

Hi all,

I have to annote 2 points that are located in the same X,Y- coordinates, but different Z (depth) in the AutoCAD Civil 3D 2013.  In the "Name" of Point of _All Point, Point Group - (1) Depth#1 and Point Group - (2) Depth#2, I added SampleID (like cdc-ss04-s1, cdc-ss04-s2,....) to each point -see the attched "scAnnote1Location2points.dwg" file. I tried to modified the Loyout of the Properties for each Point Group to add the separate Text for these 2 points (see the attached "jfAnnote1Location2Points.dwg" file) - Notes: there is a small yellow-colored triangle attached to Point Group - (1) Depth #1 and Point Group - (2) Depth#2 in the jfAnnote1Location2Points.dwg !!!   How can I modify the 2 Point Groups like the jfAnnote1Location2Points.dwg to get the annotations I want?  Please kindly help and enlighten me how to work with these 2 Point Groups (in the Settings and Prospector of Toolspace).

Thanks in advance,

Scott Chang  

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
scottchang
in reply to: scottchang

Here are the 2 attached files.   Scott Chang

Message 3 of 7
tcorey

Hi Scott,

Can you post your drawing file?

Tim

Tim Corey
MicroCAD Training and Consulting, Inc.
Redding, CA
Autodesk Gold Reseller

New knowledge is the most valuable commodity on earth. -- Kurt Vonnegut
Message 4 of 7
scottchang
in reply to: tcorey

Hi Tim,  Thanks for your nice response.

I don't know how to attach the DWG file in this Forum. Let me try to do "Add Attachment" for posting the 2 drawing files you want.

Scott Chang 

Message 5 of 7
scottchang

Hi Tim,

I just could attach my "scTodd....DWG" file only. The second DWG file could not be attached - Error Message: Please, correct the highlighted erros and try again. I have no ideas what Error Message meant.  Please use the DWG I attached to get the annotated "Point Number", "Z-value"/"Depth", and "the 'Name' of Point"  (the SampleID I added to the "Name" of Point.   Please give me the detailed steps of your instructions as much as you can provide.

Thanks again,

Scott Chang   

Message 6 of 7
tcorey

Hi Scott,

Does point 1 always compare to point 2, 3 vs. 4, 5 vs. 6, etc?

Tim

Tim Corey
MicroCAD Training and Consulting, Inc.
Redding, CA
Autodesk Gold Reseller

New knowledge is the most valuable commodity on earth. -- Kurt Vonnegut
Message 7 of 7
scottchang
in reply to: tcorey

Hi Tim,

Yes, your are right - Point #1 vs. Point #2 in Location 1, .....     Originally, I used the X, Y and Z values to create 8 points (in _ALL Points) that are for 4 locations with 2 depths in each location.  In the _All Points, I added/filled out the "Name" pf Point with my SampleID (cdc-ss01-s1, cdc-ss01-s2,  ...), and I used the "INCUDE" of Properties to group the Points #1, #3, #5, #7 as Point Group - (1) Depth#1, and the Points #2, #4, #6, #8 as the Point Group - (2) Depth#2. 

Thanks,

Scott Chang

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report