Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

C3D 2013:2 ways to edit Properties of Parcel in Information and Description

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
scottchang
226 Views, 1 Reply

C3D 2013:2 ways to edit Properties of Parcel in Information and Description

Hi all,

I have tried to edit the Properies of Parcel in Information and Description by using the following 2 methods:

Method #1: I started with Settings in Toolspace => work on Parcel Style and Label Style for setting up the desired data I want to input. Then I went to Prospector in Toolspace => Sites => Site 1 => Parcels => Property : 1 for editing the desired data.

Method #2: On the drawing area, I selected the created Parcel object by clicking on the Property : 1 to get the Properties tab. Then I edited the Information - Style, Parcel Area Label Style, Name. I went to Prospector => Sites => Site 1 => Parcels => Property : 1 => Information - Descrition for adding the desired data.

My questions:

Q1.  Did Method #2 change any thing in the Settings in Toolspace?

Q2.  What is advantage in each Method?

Q3. In the Settings for Method #1, I saw the following items:

Parcel

User-Pefined Property Classifications

Parcel Styles

Label Styles

Table Styles

Commands

What are User-Defined Property Classifications, Table Styles, and Commends for?

Please kindly help, answer my questions and respond

Thanks in advance,

Scott Chang

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
dgordon
in reply to: scottchang

q1: no q2: no advantage, just personal preference. q3: user defined, if you needed it you would know what it was. just ignore it. parcel tables can be generated to show various information on multiple parcels. the commands area is standard for all civil 3d objects. settings for how you want the commands to react by default can be found here.
Dan

Civil 3D 2013
Win 7 Pro x64
Intel Xeon 2.0GHz
12Gb Ram
ATI Firepro 4800
Dell T5500
www.preinnewhof.com

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report