Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

C3D 2012 with ProjectWise Explorer V8i

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
cbrockway
686 Views, 1 Reply

C3D 2012 with ProjectWise Explorer V8i

On our project we are using ProjectWise Explorer V8i to store all files and work from.

This is not a major issue just a very annoying problem. When you open a drawing through C3D it brings up the ProjectWise dialog box for you to select your drawing. The problem is that ProjectWise saves the last path it has taken and uses that as the new start location for you to open your next drawing. This can be anywhere from the last folder you were working in (which would be an ideal default starting point) to the datashortcut folder that your drawing is associated with to the project standards folder where your titleblock lives.

I have not found a variable to set or a work around for this in C3D that can start all new drawings being opened from the last folder you were working in. The only way I have found to somewhat deal with this is to open drawings from PW itself, however, this is not the most ideal way to open a drawing.

Any suggestions? Anyone know of a variable that can be set in either PW or C3D to deal with this?

Chris Brockway, CTech - Civil Designer
Hatch Mott MacDonald
AutoCAD Civil 3D 2012, ProjectWise Explorer V8i, Bluebeam Revu x64 CAD V10.2.2
Intel Xeon @ 3.20 GHz
Nvidia Quadro 2000D Dual Monitors
16GB ram / Windows 7 Enterprise 64 bit SP1
1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
cbrockway
in reply to: cbrockway

Yup, just answered my own question.

In the ProjectWise ribbon under Tools there is a Session File Manager that places a dockable window that lets you view a history of all the drawings that you have opened in ProjectWise. I am not sure how far back the history goes but it is at least 2 weeks. Good enough for me. Hope this helps someone else.

Chris Brockway, CTech - Civil Designer
Hatch Mott MacDonald
AutoCAD Civil 3D 2012, ProjectWise Explorer V8i, Bluebeam Revu x64 CAD V10.2.2
Intel Xeon @ 3.20 GHz
Nvidia Quadro 2000D Dual Monitors
16GB ram / Windows 7 Enterprise 64 bit SP1

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report