Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

C3D 2012 WINDOWS 7 X64 INSTALL CRASHES WHEN PLOTTING AND PLOT PREVIEW

6 REPLIES 6
SOLVED
Message 1 of 7
CADSlave1989
934 Views, 6 Replies

C3D 2012 WINDOWS 7 X64 INSTALL CRASHES WHEN PLOTTING AND PLOT PREVIEW

Still having the same crash and burn problem after installation of C3D 2012 on Windows 7 x64... please don't direct me to "uninstall - remove all traces of program - reinstall".  This can't be the answer. Do you know how many lost production HOURS... DAYS I have spent following this procedure?! To no avail at that!  

The most recent installation the plot function worked correctly the first log-in as administrator [Cntrl-Shft-Enter] the plot/plot preview function worked correctly. But! After shutting down and rebooting it went back to the same danged nonsense.

Is the problem Windows 7 related?  Somebody find a fix for this.

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
tcorey
in reply to: CADSlave1989

Maybe I can point you in the right direction.

Uninstall and reinstall the software per tech doc.... Just kidding! I read your post.

First, did you install the 64-bit version of Civil 3D? I'm sure you did, but I have to ask.

Next, use msconfig to reboot the system in diagnostic mode to see if it works fine. If so, use msconfig again to selectively disable various services. Apple Mobile is one that kills my AutoCAD.  Oh, and Carbonite (yeah, I've got my arse hanging out there at the moment.)

If no service proves to by your issue, test your hardware. Memory test, hard drive test, etc.

Good luck,

Tim

Tim Corey
MicroCAD Training and Consulting, Inc.
Redding, CA
Autodesk Gold Reseller

New knowledge is the most valuable commodity on earth. -- Kurt Vonnegut
Message 3 of 7
thepworth

do you have a 64-bit plotter driver installed?  not sure if this would directly affect plot preview, but seems like it would read the plotter's info for offsets & print area, such that I'd make sure you're using a 64-bit plotter driver (unless you're plotting to DWF or the built-in DWG to PDF).  If you select either dwf or pdf, do you still crash?

Message 4 of 7
CADSlave1989

I can plot PDF's without problems. I did load the x64 bit driver for our HP plotter. Plot and plot preview worked normal the first time we used plot & preview immediately after installing the drivers; however, after a system reboot it blows us completely out of Autocad.  It is like it doesn't recognize the drivers anymore.  

Message 5 of 7
thepworth

I'd suggest looking in the forum under printing & plotting in the general AutoCAD forums - see if there are threads there that have a suggestion.  Sorry, but I don't have any futher suggestions at the moment 😞

Message 6 of 7
sboon
in reply to: thepworth

I've seen similar behaviour occasionally when an upgraded plotter driver has been installed, but the pc3 file that ACad uses to apply custom settings is still using the settings for the previous version.

Try deleting the pc3 file , and then print directly to the printer - you may have to turn off the "Hide System Printers" option first.

Sometimes Postscript printer drivers can be flaky, try downloading and installing a PCL driver if one is available.

Steve
Expert Elite Alumnus
Message 7 of 7
machadt
in reply to: sboon

That is a great suggestion Steve, please try that a let us know if that work for you.

Thanks,

Tatiana Machado
AEC-ENI Application Engineer

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report