Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

C3D 2012 error messages & Japanese

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
jtomlinson
1221 Views, 5 Replies

C3D 2012 error messages & Japanese

In the past few days I have been getting some error messages in C3D 2012.  While that is nothing new in Civil 3D, these are the first I have seen in the new release. Error screenshots attached.

Something that is new (for me anyways) is the text during startup turning to Japanese.  It looks something like this:

Initializing....
There are no valid MS Jet providers installed......Done.
Loading AEC Architectural Base...
Loading AEC Structural Base...
Loading AEC Area Base...
Loading AEC Dimensions Base...
Loading AecCivilBase...

Opening an AutoCAD 2010 format file.
Regenerating model.
*Cancel*
䵘䱆䉉㨠㜠䤠癮污摩洠獥慳敧渠浵敢⁲㔵ㄺ਷Couldn't find the message 17 in msg database 55
䵘䱆䉉㨠㜠䤠癮污摩洠獥慳敧渠浵敢⁲㔵ㄺ਷Couldn't find the message 17 in msg database 55

AutoCAD menu utilities loaded.
AutoCAD menu utilities loaded.
Command:

An Asian coworker told me that it is JapaneseRegardless of what language it is, it's not English so it's a problem.  This new language occurance is pretty random; sometimes I get more, sometimes less.

Hopefully these issues can be addressed in the eagerly awaited first Service Pack; so far 2012 has been a disappointment- slow & crashy.

JT

C3D 2012
Core i7 720QM
Windows 7 x64
8GB RAM

Tags (2)
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
wfberry
in reply to: jtomlinson

If you folks would go to the top of this Discussion Board to the "My Settings" portion and fill out the "Signature Box" with pertinent information for your COMPUTER, OPERATING SYSTEM  & CIVIL 3D version, a number of questions might be answered a lot quicker.

I pretty much disagree with your last paragraph in that I have had no problems to date.  I think it has to do with the OS (Windows 7- 64 bit) and a good computer setup.

Bill

Message 3 of 6
jtomlinson
in reply to: wfberry

Thanks for the feedback Bill.  Would you say that 2012 works as well or better than 2011 to this point?  I am going to recreate the deployment for 2012 and reinstall- it sounds like the installation may be the problem.

JT

C3D 2012
Core i7 720QM
Windows 7 x64
8GB RAM

Message 4 of 6
wfberry

I think it is just as well, however, I have not had a project that pushed as hard as one that I had last year.

Bill

Message 5 of 6
szypap7681

Hey JT,

is your problem solved? Today one designer saw this, after a month of intensive work in Civil 3D 2012. Two of her neighbours are still unaffected.

All three told me that turning to C3D 2012 was like salvation, significally quicker and less problematic than 2011. However, besides this issue, there is a problem with text objects turning non-editable; re-setting TEXTED sysvar to 1 seems to help.

Are we all waiting for SP1?

Conf:

C3D 2012  PL

i5 660, 4GB RAM

Win7Pro x64

Message 6 of 6
jtomlinson
in reply to: szypap7681

No solution that I know of.  Problem sort of 'went away' after awhile; not sure what changed.  Went to a backup copy of DWG that was unaffected.

C3D 2012
Core i7 720QM
Windows 7 x64
8GB RAM

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report