Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

C3D 2012 Alignment Intersection Points - Table capable?

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
kbarnettza
551 Views, 4 Replies

C3D 2012 Alignment Intersection Points - Table capable?

Greetings,

Although it is possible, with Label Expressions and custom Labels, to produce a 'PI to PI' Segment Table based on Curve Group Index, the default method for creating Segment Tables is to use Line and Curve Segment Tags.

1 Has this changed in 2012?

2 Is it possible to create a C3D Table based on Alignment Intersection Points (plus Alignement Start and End Points)?

Thanks ...

AND

A huge thank you to Autodesk for coming to the forums to provide clarity.

May your day be blessed,

Kevin.

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
kbarnettza
in reply to: kbarnettza

I have a strong feeling the answer will be no (questions 1 and 2).

But I have just checked the label facility for Intersection Points - Very nice! All the detail we need is there. Even though we wanted a PI orientated segment table - it looks like we will 'get by' using Intersection Point Labels.

Message 3 of 5
kbarnettza

Oh Dear : (

Unlike other Labels, the new Alignment Intersection Point excludes many of the new 'Properties' in Expression creation.

This cancels out the labelling as a solution for me : (

Here in the Republic of South Africa our land survey systems are 'upside-down'. The 'Northing' ordinate moves positive away from the Equator (reverse to northern hemisphere). Our common resolve is to simply reverse sign all Eastings and Northings using Label Expressions.

Alignment Intersection Point Label Expression Properties has excluded:

Curve Start Easting

Curve Start Northing

Curve End Easting

Curve End Northing

... I cannot reverse the signs .. cannot use this lable as a solution for road setting out data ... : (

Message 4 of 5
sboon

The  Point of Intersection labels don't include data for curves, but the Tangent Intersection labels appear to have the values that you're looking for.

Steve
Expert Elite Alumnus
Message 5 of 5
kbarnettza
in reply to: sboon

Ahah! Thx .. I revert back to Curve Label ... the new IP Easting and IP Northing are also available there in Curve Label Expressions  .. Thx..

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report