Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

C3D 2011 not loading

7 REPLIES 7
Message 1 of 8
rwhip12
193 Views, 7 Replies

C3D 2011 not loading

When I start C3D 2011, it starts to load and then freezes once it gets to loading AEC Point Cloud and the acad.dwt.  It started to do this once I set Hardware Accelerator to be on. It will load about 40% and then totally hose my entire computer.  And of course now it won't load so I can't shut the setting off. Anyone seen this?

TIA

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
Alfred.NESWADBA
in reply to: rwhip12

Hi,

I don't understand how AutoCAD is on the way to start, the acad.dwt is not loaded but access to a point-cloud is active/is to be loaded.

May be this is not interesting at the moment. Open Windows-TaskManager, look if there is a process called like WsCommCntrl*, if so and if that is using processor power ==> kill it, and then look back to AutoCAD how it works now.

- alfred -

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Alfred NESWADBA
Ingenieur Studio HOLLAUS ... www.hollaus.at ... blog.hollaus.at ... CDay 2024
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(not an Autodesk consultant)
Message 3 of 8
rwhip12
in reply to: Alfred.NESWADBA

The problem is....when the program freezes it completely freezes my computer.  Task manager will not open, crosshairs are frozen.  I actually have to turn the computer off with the start button.

Message 4 of 8
Alfred.NESWADBA

Hi,

>> [...] it completely freezes my computer

extremly unusual that the computer freezes at all, or it's some hardware or hardware-driver issue.

So what sysinfos do you have (processor, graphiccard + gc-memory, main memory, operating system).

Did Civil3D run already and the problems came up later or have you just installed it?

What happens if you login with another user-account to your Windows and try Civil3D again?

- alfred -

Alfred NESWADBA
Ingenieur Studio HOLLAUS ... www.hollaus.at ... blog.hollaus.at ... CDay 2024
(not an Autodesk consultant)
Message 5 of 8

1] restart the machine in Safe Mode

2] log in as admin

3] first, run Task Manager, and set its visibility as "Always on top"

4] after, run Autocad

Now you should be able to switch off every undesidered setting, and eventually kill the acad.exe process. 

Message 6 of 8
Jeff_M

You can turn off the Hardware Acceleration at startup by editing the Target in the shortcut used to start C3D. It should look like this in the Properties for the shortcut:

"C:\Program Files\Autodesk\AutoCAD Civil 3D 2012\acad.exe" /ld "C:\Program Files\Autodesk\AutoCAD Civil 3D 2012\AecBase.dbx" /p "<<C3D_Imperial>>"

At the end of this, add a space then /nohardware 

This will disable HA for the session, but will not alter the setting in th eregistry. So be sure to turn it off in the settings. Once the settings are setyou can remove the /nohardware switch.

Jeff_M, also a frequent Swamper
EESignature
Message 7 of 8
rwhip12
in reply to: Jeff_M

ooooh.. going to try this right now

Message 8 of 8
rwhip12
in reply to: Jeff_M

Jeff

awesome!  it worked.  I can now get back into the program and worked.  Smiley Happy

Rick

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report