Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

C3D 2011 64-bit on Sony Vaio

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
cristina.anton
1460 Views, 5 Replies

C3D 2011 64-bit on Sony Vaio

I have a problem with C3D 2011, 64-bit, running on a Sony Vaio laptop - attached configuration. It runs very slow, stops at ORBIT command , actually I can't  work at all at this rate. May it be an incompatibility with video card? Does anyone have a suggestion?

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
svemogucci
in reply to: cristina.anton

I have a similiar problem on my PC (configuration attached), very powerfull and not cheap configuration, and there is a problem when i using C3D 2011 64-bit, when i transfer from one drawing to another it slows down, taking more and more time to load the drawing and for me to start working. Then i have to restart Autocad....for a while it's fast enough, but if i load more then 3-4 drawings these problems appear...generally, it gets slower and slower while i'm working. 

PC is brand new, first i had WinXP 32-bit and C3D2010 32-bit, and the problem was even worse. Now i have install Win7 64-bit and C3D2011 64-bit, and it's a little bit faster but hardly satisfactory.

I tried everything, on banchmarks it's one of top PC configurations, scoring excellent grades. It should run couple of C3D drawings with ease, but it doesn't. Anyone?

Message 3 of 6

svemogucci wrote:

I have a similiar problem on my PC (configuration attached), very powerfull and not cheap configuration, and there is a problem when i using C3D 2011 64-bit, when i transfer from one drawing to another it slows down, taking more and more time to load the drawing and for me to start working. Then i have to restart Autocad....for a while it's fast enough, but if i load more then 3-4 drawings these problems appear...generally, it gets slower and slower while i'm working. 

I have noticed this as well. My machine is slower than either of yours, its a Core 2 Duo w/ 4 GB ram and Win7, but that is still a good machine. When I have multiple drawings open the performance can become pretty painful, even for simple tasks like selecting a polyline.

Message 4 of 6
PyroDave

I have similar issues, though not as bad.  I have lag with dialogue boxes and floating toolbars, and have tried various video drivers to no avail.

C3D 2011 64bit

Xeon W3540 2.93Ghz

XP Pro x64 2003 SP2

12GB RAM

Nvidia Quadro FX 1800

Dave deJong
Message 5 of 6
VanCamp25
in reply to: PyroDave

I am having the same problem and contacted sony assuming it was an issue with them.  I am emailing autodesk after I post this and will let yall know if I get this solved for us.

-Ali$ha

Message 6 of 6
hgohel

@cristina.anton wrote:

I have a problem with C3D 2011, 64-bit, running on a Sony Vaio laptop - attached configuration. It runs very slow, stops at ORBIT command , actually I can't  work at all at this rate. May it be an incompatibility with video card? Does anyone have a suggestion?

There can be several reasons for performance issues - without specific details it's hard to say if all the messages in this thread are related, or something completely independent of each other.

In your case, the first thing I would check is the graphics configuration (since that's your primary concern) by typing in 3DCONFIG.  Check if hardware acceleration is enabled, and if not, enable it.  Check if the card and driver are supported.  If not, get a newer driver (if available, of course).  Try your graphics operations again and see if you feel there's an improvement. 

Himanshu Gohel
Autodesk, Inc.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report