Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

C3D 2010 Ribbon glitch

64 REPLIES 64
Message 1 of 65
bpattengale
461 Views, 64 Replies

C3D 2010 Ribbon glitch

I've been running C3D 2010 for a few days now after switching from 2009. I'm getting a reoccuring error wih the ribbion. The ribbon and quick access toolbar will stop working. They are still visible on the screen and C3D hasn't frozen or crashed I just can't select anything on the ribbon. I can still access commands via the toolbars and menubar. The ribbon will do this at random, however it seems to do this after Crtl-Tab switch between drawings the most(not everytime). I've tried to close the ribbon or switch drawings, but it still remains frozen. Currently the only way I've found to fix it is to restart C3D.

Has anyone else experienced this? Anyone know of a work around or think that a reinstall or repair may make a difference?
64 REPLIES 64
Message 61 of 65
tony_csogroup
in reply to: bpattengale

Guys,

Hope you don't mind me posting here, but I have been having this problem with the normal AutoCAD 2010.

http://discussion.autodesk.com/forums/message.jspa?messageID=6166668#6166668

This has been happening since the ribbon was introduced in the 2009 version and was hoping it would be fixed in this version.

It defiantly has got something to do with the 64-bit version and I was able to reproduce the problem every time.

I raised a support request and was asked to reinstall .NET 3.5 and AutoCAD, but with no luck. So they sent it on to the developers for further testing.

It went a bit quite, so I asked for an update and they came back to me stating that they where unable to reproduce the problem in next version. Which I presume is the service pack.

Using the 'CLASSIC' workspace at the moment, which is unaffected.
Anthony Russell
LinkedIn
Message 62 of 65

Is there any update to the ribbon freezing, I to am having this problem.

Vista 64
NVIDIA GeForce 8400 GS
NVIDIA GeForce 9500 GT

C3d2010 SP1
Message 63 of 65

No, only that SP1 for C3D did not fix the issue. It is still seemingly random, and having multiple drawings open seems to increase the likelihood of it occurring.

I find this bug, and the one where the Labels & Tables Panel dissapears when re-entering C3D very annoying. Often the ribbon freezes when i'm on the Annotate tab, and then when i reopen C3D, the Labels and Tables panel is empty, so i have to switch to the home tab, exit and reopen a 2nd time.

-Mark P.
Message 64 of 65

I am having it happen very consistently when I have more than one drawing open in the same session. Probably within 5 minutes of opening the second drawing.
Message 65 of 65

If it helps diagnose the problem. I just had the ribbon freeze immediately after using object viewer on a corridor.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report