Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

C3D 2010 Linework curve codes

7 REPLIES 7
Message 1 of 8
tbronson
496 Views, 7 Replies

C3D 2010 Linework curve codes

I'm having issues making the curve linework code BC and EC work.  As I understand if I start a line with a code of 'EP BC' and follow it with any number of 'EP' codes and finally end with 'EP EC' it should create a figure with a curve drawn through each point.  Similiar to the pline fit command.  This is not happening.  I am getting the curve drawn through the first three points, then straight lines connecting the rest.  Any suggestions?

Todd

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
sjg
Advisor
in reply to: tbronson

Just curious on what your edge of concrete code iis, if EC, might need to switch end curve in linework code set. Since you would have edge of concrete and end curve being the same. We use PC and PT for curve linework.
Steve Goessling
Land Consultants
Civil3D 2015
Windows 7, 64 bit
Intel i7 2600 @ 3.40Ghz
16 GB RAM
Nvidia Quadro 600
Message 3 of 8
dgordon

I think your understanding of it might be the problem here.   I read it as only accepting 3 points for a simple curve code.

Dan

Civil 3D 2013
Win 7 Pro x64
Intel Xeon 2.0GHz
12Gb Ram
ATI Firepro 4800
Dell T5500
www.preinnewhof.com
Message 4 of 8
KenPrzybysz

You may need to use OC on the intermediate curve shots. Last item on the Linework Code Set.

Message 5 of 8
tbronson
in reply to: KenPrzybysz

No and No.  You can use a BC code then as many figure names (ie: EB) as you like, then end with an EC.  I don't know why, but I changed the BC and EC code to PC and PT as suggested and it works great.  FYI, I am using number figure names (31,32,33... is concrete, 41,42...is gravel).  I am now having issues with it drawing lines between all my tree points.  Not sure how to correct this.  Trees are coded 410 12 (where 410 is code for Oak and 12 is caliper in inches).  I'm sure the line issue is because C3D sees the 410 as an iteration of the gravel code.  Any suggestions on this one?

Message 6 of 8
J_Seeds

Is it just stringing the 12" trees together? If so my guess would be that you have (12) defined as a figure in your figure prefix database.

Message 7 of 8
mathewkol

Since you have 41 as gravel, 410 is probably being seen as gravel since it begins with 41. These are called figure "prefixes" for a reason. It's like having TR for trees and TRAIL. Since they both begin with TR you may run into problems.
Matt Kolberg
SolidCAD Professional Services
http://www.solidcad.ca /
Message 8 of 8
tbronson
in reply to: mathewkol

Yes Matt, I think this is exactly what is happening.  But what changes do I need to make to fix it?  Our field crews use a data collector that has a numeric pad (it's an older Trimble CU) hence the use of the numeric code system.  Typing letters involves several extra key clicks for each letter.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report