Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

C3D 1012: Problem with layer property changes not "sticking".

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
zyasrobi
950 Views, 3 Replies

C3D 1012: Problem with layer property changes not "sticking".

I am running into problems making changes to layer properties in the layer properties manager.  I create or select the layer I want to modify, I make the changes I want with colors and linetypes, and everything seems fine.  Until I print, or switch back and forth between different layouts... then sometimes I notice that the change I made didn't "stick" at all, and the layer property has reverted to whatever it was before I made the change.  I don't think it has reverted every time, and it generally works on the second attempt.

I have loaded all the available updates and hotfixes (one of which I thought had to do with layer properties).  Anyone else running into this or have a solution?

SLJ

Civil 3D 2012

Windows 7 x64

Intel Core i5

8.0GB RAM

Tags (1)
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Jeff_M
in reply to: zyasrobi

Yes, this has been an issue since 2012's release. This has supposedly been fixed in the AutoCAD 2012 SP1 so should also be included the the not yet released C3D 2012 SP1. If you make the changes in the Ribbon's Layer panel the changes do stick....

Jeff_M, also a frequent Swamper
EESignature
Message 3 of 4
h20boynz
in reply to: zyasrobi

I have also found this.

It seems to occur when creating or renaming a layer name then immediately clicking on, for example, the color patch to change layer color.

If you create or rename and then press enter before attempting to change the layers properties it seems to work fine.

Message 4 of 4
Anonymous
in reply to: h20boynz

I have installed SP2 for C3D 2012 and still get the same problem.  If you create a new layer and then make 2 changes, such as color and linetype, only the linetype "sticks".  If SP1 was supposed to fix this, then SP2 undid it.

Dave C.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report