Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broken Xref

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
kulfi
633 Views, 4 Replies

Broken Xref

When i am making e-transmittal i am getting the message warning Xref broken refernce can you please tell me what are the causes for this.

thanks

Kulfi
Electronics Engineer

Pind Saudi Arabia

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
Nik-D
in reply to: kulfi

In the drawing you are sending, have checked to make sure that all the XREF's in the drawing are up to date and that the references are correct. Also check to see if the references in the drawing you are sending are Full Path or Relative Path references.

One other cause may be that there may have been references in the drawing originally but the drawings have been deleted as they are no longer needed however the reference of that drawing has not been deleted from the drawing you are trying to send.

HTH

Message 3 of 5
dgordon

as Nik-D said the file being xref'd is either been moved or deleted from the path saved in the current drawing. if the file still exists and has just been moved you can use the xref dialog box to re-link it to the new file location.
Dan

Civil 3D 2013
Win 7 Pro x64
Intel Xeon 2.0GHz
12Gb Ram
ATI Firepro 4800
Dell T5500
www.preinnewhof.com
Message 4 of 5
kulfi
in reply to: dgordon

No, your answer does not match with what i did yesterday , first of all i check where the xref is broken the details of it and than i observed that in the profiles the xref is broken so i went to the profile menu and re-establish the xref again and my problem is solved.

thanks for your answers.

Kulfi
Electronics Engineer

Pind Saudi Arabia

Message 5 of 5
dgordon

Ok, please mark your last post as the answer to the problem so that others with the same problem may benefit from your discovery.
Dan

Civil 3D 2013
Win 7 Pro x64
Intel Xeon 2.0GHz
12Gb Ram
ATI Firepro 4800
Dell T5500
www.preinnewhof.com

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report