Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broken refs

6 REPLIES 6
SOLVED
Message 1 of 7
normans
1878 Views, 6 Replies

Broken refs

Any suggestions on tracking down and eliminating the cause of the msg:

Drawing contains a broken reference - Source AeccDbSurfaceTin '2008 contours' could not be found in drawing S:\Phase 276-Closure Documents for the TIF\drawings\Draft design\build\2008 contours.dwg

I don't see any xref or data shortcuts in this drawing.  The message appears in the Event panorama when I xref this drawing from another. Must be old reference that is hanging out somewhere?

Any help much appreciated.

Civil 3D 2015 SP 2, 64 bit
Dell Precision T5600, 16 GB
Win 7 Professional 64 bit
Intel Xeon @ 2.0 GHz
NVIDIA Quadro 4000
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
normans
in reply to: normans

BTW I'm using C3D 2012 and not wanting to fix the broken aspect of the issue - would rather delete that reference if I could find it. It somehow creeped into this drawing. More than likely was left over from client's drawing?

I also see reference to the 2008 contours in the Sample more sources window for the sample lines. If I could find it I would do something magical like right-clicking and selecting Delete!

Thanks again!

Intel Xeon @ 2.0 GHz
NVIDIA Quadro 4000
Message 3 of 7
dgordon

maybe empty the drawing and post it.    maybe someone can figure out how to clean it.

Dan

Civil 3D 2013
Win 7 Pro x64
Intel Xeon 2.0GHz
12Gb Ram
ATI Firepro 4800
Dell T5500
www.preinnewhof.com
Message 4 of 7
michael.robertson

Sounds like a broken data shortcut reference to me since it gives you a Civil3D object type "AeccDbSurfaceTin", not a filename.

I'm assuming it doesn't show up in prospector once you get the file open where you could delete it, correct?

Is it possible to post the file?

Mike Robertson

FDOT

Mike Robertson
FL. Dept. of Transportation
CADD Applications Developer
Message 5 of 7
C3D_TomR

I don't know if it will help, but here are two suggestions:

• Try an Audit or recover the drawing. Sometimes even though it says 0 found 0 fixed, there's still sometihing fixed.
  • Thaw and make all layers visible. Execute the erase command. When prompted to select objects, type all at the command line then press enter one time. When prompted to continue selecting objects, type r and press enter. You'll then be prompted to select objects to remove. Select all the visible objects on the screen to remove them from the selection set. Press enter after selecting everything to remove and whatever remains, if it can be erased, will be.

Be careful with this method of erasing objects though.

Instead of erasing the objects, I'll sometimes use this same selection method with the CTRL+C  then CTRL+V commands to copy the objects to a blank drawing. This will show me what layers, blocks, linetypes, etc. are created in the blank drawing.

--Tommie

Tom Richardson

Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature
Autodesk Certified Professional in Civil 3D for Infrastructure Design
AutoCAD Certified Professional
------------------------------------
Autodesk AEC Community Blog
Crossing the line with Civil 3D
Twitter | LinkedIn
------------------------------------
Austin CAD User Group Resources
Blog | Discord | LinkedIn

Autodesk Group Network Leader

Message 6 of 7
normans
in reply to: C3D_TomR

Thanks for the suggestions. I had been pulled off the project and now can't duplicate but when I see the msg again I will post again. I will keep your suggestions in mind though. I appreciate the assistance.

I will struggle on.......

Intel Xeon @ 2.0 GHz
NVIDIA Quadro 4000
Message 7 of 7
mjung

I had a similar situation here. I xrefed my design profile view into my Plan & Profile sheet and kept getting a similar error to the original post. Everything looked fine but one of the profiles associated with the surface wasn't displaying. Tried the auditing, found errors but still no profile when xrefed. It displayed fine when the xref is opened.

My fix was to change the profile to Static and it then displayed in both drawings and I didn't get the error. That led to the linetype issue with static profiles so I changed it back to Dynamic. It's now displayed in both drawings and there has been no error. Fingers crossed that it stays this way.

Civil 3D 2024 / Windows 11 Pro (64bit)
Intel Core I7 @3.30GHz / 32gig RAM / NVIDIA Quadro K2200

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report