Any suggestions on tracking down and eliminating the cause of the msg:
Drawing contains a broken reference - Source AeccDbSurfaceTin '2008 contours' could not be found in drawing S:\Phase 276-Closure Documents for the TIF\drawings\Draft design\build\2008 contours.dwg
I don't see any xref or data shortcuts in this drawing. The message appears in the Event panorama when I xref this drawing from another. Must be old reference that is hanging out somewhere?
Any help much appreciated.
Solved! Go to Solution.
BTW I'm using C3D 2012 and not wanting to fix the broken aspect of the issue - would rather delete that reference if I could find it. It somehow creeped into this drawing. More than likely was left over from client's drawing?
I also see reference to the 2008 contours in the Sample more sources window for the sample lines. If I could find it I would do something magical like right-clicking and selecting Delete!
maybe empty the drawing and post it. maybe someone can figure out how to clean it.
Sounds like a broken data shortcut reference to me since it gives you a Civil3D object type "AeccDbSurfaceTin", not a filename.
I'm assuming it doesn't show up in prospector once you get the file open where you could delete it, correct?
Is it possible to post the file?
I don't know if it will help, but here are two suggestions:
Be careful with this method of erasing objects though.
Instead of erasing the objects, I'll sometimes use this same selection method with the CTRL+C then CTRL+V commands to copy the objects to a blank drawing. This will show me what layers, blocks, linetypes, etc. are created in the blank drawing.
Thanks for the suggestions. I had been pulled off the project and now can't duplicate but when I see the msg again I will post again. I will keep your suggestions in mind though. I appreciate the assistance.
I will struggle on.......
I had a similar situation here. I xrefed my design profile view into my Plan & Profile sheet and kept getting a similar error to the original post. Everything looked fine but one of the profiles associated with the surface wasn't displaying. Tried the auditing, found errors but still no profile when xrefed. It displayed fine when the xref is opened.
My fix was to change the profile to Static and it then displayed in both drawings and I didn't get the error. That led to the linetype issue with static profiles so I changed it back to Dynamic. It's now displayed in both drawings and there has been no error. Fingers crossed that it stays this way.