Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broken references

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
Anonymous
323 Views, 4 Replies

Broken references

Hello all,

Our firm has recently upgraded to C3D 2015. We waited to upgrade until the service pack was available, due to all the issues already listed on the boards.

I have a base drawing that I have used as an xref in several other drawings. In those drawings I have annotated many of the objects/linework contained in the xref, with no issues. Since the upgrade, I began a new drawing with the base drawing as a xref. At some point during annotation of the boundary, which is a parcel in the base drawing, when I save I receive an error message. The message says that I need to recover the drawing. Upon recovering the drawing (does not matter with or without xrefs), all parcel labels are gone and the broken references are listed in the recovery profile. All other data that is added to this drawing is saved as normal, even though the error message pops up.

I have tried a lot of different things to no avail.

Help would greatly be appreciated.

Kris 

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
Jay_B
in reply to: Anonymous

What is the exact error?

If using Data Shortcuts, have you set the "Working Folder" location in 2015?

C3D 2018.1
C3D 2016 SP4

Win 7 Professional 64 Bit
Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: Jay_B

No data shortcuts. Just civil objects and linework.
Message 4 of 5
Joe-Bouza

Thats quite confusing: because the broken refence is usually to a DS?

Joe Bouza
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 5 of 5
AllenJessup

Have you tried to Recover the XRef or use the RecoverAll command on the drawing where your labels are? This may lose the labels again but if the errors are in the XRefed drawing they may not occur again.

One other thought. If you haven't saved the base drawing from 2015 try that after you recover it.

Allen

Allen Jessup
CAD Manager - Designer
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report