Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bringing in civil 3d 2014 points into an older dwg format

7 REPLIES 7
Message 1 of 8
sherermark1
250 Views, 7 Replies

Bringing in civil 3d 2014 points into an older dwg format

hello,

I am having a problem with bringing in points from Autocad Civil 3d 2014 into older drawing files. Is there any way to do this and the points show up? when I bring the points in as .AUF or PENZD format, they do not show up... Is there any solution for this? or would I have bring the points into a blank drawing file,then xref the aforementioned points into the drawing I need them in? I have had this problem multiple times.. I have checked the regular solutions(Point styles, point groups, layers, froze, etc...) and they still wont show up.. Any help would be greatly appreciated

thanks

Mark

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
Pointdump
in reply to: sherermark1

Two questions:

What version of C3D are you trying to put the points into?

What type of file are you using to export/import? (txt, asc, fbk, etc)

Dave

Dave Stoll
Las Vegas, Nevada

EESignature

64GB DDR4 2400MHz ECC SoDIMM / 1TB SSD
NVIDIA Quadro P5000 16GB
Windows 10 Pro 64 / Civil 3D 2024
Message 3 of 8

How about exporting the points to LandXML?

Lisa Pohlmeyer
Civil 3D User
Website | Facebook | Twitter

Message 4 of 8
sherermark1
in reply to: Pointdump

The original drawing file was created with autocad map 3d 2009 or possibly eagle point..it is an old alta survey...and our office now uses civil 3d 2014..we import .asc files from the crew
Sent from my iPhone
Message 5 of 8

I have not tried that..I have used LandXML for surfaces, but always forget
that you can export other entities with it, I will try it now. Thanks
Message 6 of 8
IanMcClain
in reply to: sherermark1

If you are exporting the points out to a PNEZD file and then importing into another drawing, it should work fine. As long as you can open the PNEZD file with a text editor and see your data, C3D has done it's job and there is no reason another drawing/software shouldn't be able to import that.

If you are opening an old drawing with C3D and then importing points, that is a different ball of wax. If that is the case, then the old drawing in question probably lacks sufficent point styles and settings to apply to the points.

Ian McClain
Message 7 of 8
sherermark1
in reply to: IanMcClain

Thank you for the input. The point file itself is correct and we can see it in the text editor. The drawing is older.. I think it was originally drawn in 2005, and I believe that it is just lack of point styles.
Thank you
Sent from my iPhone
Message 8 of 8
AllenJessup
in reply to: IanMcClain

Lacking further information. I'd agree with Ian. If you just talking about them not showing up visually. It's most likely a Point Label Style issue. Check your All Points point grout to see if the points made it in.

Allen

Allen Jessup
CAD Manager - Designer
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report