Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Breakline Editing

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
Anonymous
269 Views, 5 Replies

Breakline Editing

How should I be edting the elevations of breakline vertices in Civil 3D 2005? I can't change the values in Panorama view. I am using 3D Polylines. Thanks, Dave D.
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

Anyone have any ideas on this topic. I've been using Properties to scroll through each vertice but there seems like there should be an easier way. Also, I've tried converting the breakline to a feature line and editing the elevations in Panorama view, then exploding the feature line back to a polyline. The problem with this is that the initial polyline breakline gets "detached" from the surface when converting to a feature line. Is there a way to have a feature line as a breakline within a surface? Having feature lines be included as part of the surface would solve my problem. I'm not looking to use the feature lines as grading features, just breaklines. Any responses welcome. Dave D. "Dave D" wrote in message news:419a2f97_3@newsprd01... > How should I be edting the elevations of breakline vertices in Civil 3D > 2005? I can't change the values in Panorama view. I am using 3D > Polylines. > > Thanks, > Dave D. >
Message 3 of 6
Anonymous

Dave D wrote: > How should I be edting the elevations of breakline vertices in Civil 3D > 2005? I can't change the values in Panorama view. I am using 3D Polylines. It seems to only *react* to grip editing of the 3DPoly. I've tried making changes to the elevations with my favorite 3DPoly editor and it doesn't react as the 3DPoly elevations change. But if you grip edit any point on the poly a bit, the model reflects those changes. Perhaps its time to whip up a Breakline editor? Terry
Message 4 of 6
Anonymous

My thoughts exactly. "Terry W. Dotson" wrote in message news:419cc89a$1_2@newsprd01... > Dave D wrote: > >> How should I be edting the elevations of breakline vertices in Civil 3D >> 2005? I can't change the values in Panorama view. I am using 3D >> Polylines. > > It seems to only *react* to grip editing of the 3DPoly. I've tried making > changes to the elevations with my favorite 3DPoly editor and it doesn't > react as the 3DPoly elevations change. But if you grip edit any point on > the poly a bit, the model reflects those changes. > > Perhaps its time to whip up a Breakline editor? > > Terry
Message 5 of 6
Anonymous

Dave D wrote: > My thoughts exactly. Interested in a little free software in exchange for testing and feedback? If so, email me at dotson@dotsoft.com. Terry
Message 6 of 6
Anonymous

My Motto - Those who live on the cutting edge, should expect a little bloodletting, now and again. :-) -- Don Reichle Hacker Engineering, Inc. "King of Work-Arounds" "Terry W. Dotson" wrote in message news:419cfcaf$1_2@newsprd01... > Dave D wrote: > >> My thoughts exactly. > > Interested in a little free software in exchange for testing and > feedback? If so, email me at dotson@dotsoft.com. > > Terry

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report