Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Breaking Breaklines

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
Anonymous
102 Views, 2 Replies

Breaking Breaklines

Hello everyone, I've noticed that if you break a breakline into two seperate breaklines, all information from that line gets removed from the surface. Is this by design? If so, I don't like it. I would much rather have original line removed from the surface and the two new lines added to it. Brian
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

Brian, If you use the AutoCAD break command on a breakline, a portion of the original breakline does remain as a breakline, and the second part is removed from the surface definition. Your suggestion of having both segments of the breaklines remain as part of the surface definition is probably better (and expected) behavior. Thanks for the input. Daniel Philbrick ISD Civil Development "Brian Hailey" wrote in message news:403384cb$1_3@newsprd01... > Hello everyone, > > I've noticed that if you break a breakline into two seperate breaklines, all > information from that line gets removed from the surface. Is this by > design? If so, I don't like it. I would much rather have original line > removed from the surface and the two new lines added to it. > > Brian > >
Message 3 of 3
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi Dan, I noticed this was not implemented in 2005. I think this is a very important aspect of the program that needs to be addressed. Brian "Daniel Philbrick" wrote in message news:403605ea$1_2@newsprd01... > Brian, > > If you use the AutoCAD break command on a breakline, a portion of the > original breakline does remain as a breakline, and the second part is > removed from the surface definition. Your suggestion of having both > segments of the breaklines remain as part of the surface definition is > probably better (and expected) behavior. > > Thanks for the input. > > Daniel Philbrick > ISD Civil Development > > > "Brian Hailey" wrote in message > news:403384cb$1_3@newsprd01... >> Hello everyone, >> >> I've noticed that if you break a breakline into two seperate breaklines, > all >> information from that line gets removed from the surface. Is this by >> design? If so, I don't like it. I would much rather have original line >> removed from the surface and the two new lines added to it. >> >> Brian >> >> > >

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report