Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Breaking an alignment and using part of it for a new alignment

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
Anonymous
396 Views, 4 Replies

Breaking an alignment and using part of it for a new alignment

Ok, I give up. I have an alignment for a main road that wanders around my site. I decide that I want to shorten the main road to go through the site and make the wandering part of the road a new alignment.

Is it possible to do this? I tried to break at a PI and it 'broke' the alignment so the stationing didn't continue on the wandering part after the break. So I broke it again where I wanted the road to resume. Then I added a line from broken PI to broken PI and the stationing actually worked nicely. The problem then is that the wandering part of the road is still somehow related to the alignment (when I highlight the new shorter alignment, the wandering part also highlights. I want to make a new alignment out of the wandering part.

Thanks.
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

Copy the alignment. Now you have two identical alignments. Edit each one to remove/edit the parts you don't want.
Message 3 of 5
Anonymous

Interesting...so just use the autocad 'copy' command?
Message 4 of 5
Anonymous

Yup. You'll get a new identical alignment with a slightly modified name. "Name (1)" I displaced the copy horizontally to a new location just to make picking one or the other easier until they're edited, then moved the copy back into place.
Message 5 of 5
Anonymous

I'll try it, thanks for the quick response.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report