Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Break pressure pipe in profile view 2015

7 REPLIES 7
SOLVED
Message 1 of 8
BrianHailey
1119 Views, 7 Replies

Break pressure pipe in profile view 2015

Is anyone able to do this? It doesn't work for me. Put a pressure network pipe in a profile view and use the command BREAKPRESSUREPIPEINPV (it's on the Pressure Network Profile Layout: <Network Name> ribbon tab as well). Mine does absolutely nothing for me.

Brian J. Hailey, P.E.

GEI Consultants
My Civil 3D Blog

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
tcorey
in reply to: BrianHailey

Brian, you have to break it in plan view.

The Break in Profile View tool is just like war...What is it good for? Absolutely nothin'.

Tim Corey
MicroCAD Training and Consulting, Inc.
Redding, CA
Autodesk Gold Reseller

New knowledge is the most valuable commodity on earth. -- Kurt Vonnegut
Message 3 of 8
yobieler2

Hello Brian,

I am having the same problem over here.  I just upgraded from CD 2013 and I was used to that command in my profile views.  Have you managed to work around this issue?

I disagree with the previous user.  This command is very helpful, specially when you are solving conflicts with other existing pipes.

Thanks,

BB

Message 4 of 8
wfberry
in reply to: yobieler2

I think you mis-read Tim's note.  It is useless because it does not work.  At least that is what I thought.

Bill

Message 5 of 8
BrianHailey
in reply to: yobieler2

Only what Tim suggested, break it in plan view. Sucks, I know, but that's the current work around.

Brian J. Hailey, P.E.

GEI Consultants
My Civil 3D Blog

Message 6 of 8
dtdandy

I'm using C3D 2014 and you what I have to do is select edit network button in tool space and it ask if you want to edit pipe in plan or profile view. Don't know if they changed this in 2015. Hope this helps.

Andy

Message 7 of 8
BrianHailey

Just to follow up on this old post, this was fixed in a service pack. Make sure your software is up to date.

Brian J. Hailey, P.E.

GEI Consultants
My Civil 3D Blog

Message 8 of 8

I'm using C3D 2015 SP3 and it still crashes as soon as I pick the pipe in profile. Breaking the pipe in plan still causes the second half to disappear as others have noted.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report