Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Boundary Survrey Labels

6 REPLIES 6
SOLVED
Message 1 of 7
KY9
Observer
620 Views, 6 Replies

Boundary Survrey Labels

I have to label a boundary survey, then rotate the entire boundary while keeping the bearing and distance intact.

Is there a way to label the entire boundary and rotate it without changing the bearing data.
Or at least disable the dynamic feature of the bearing so that it doesn't change with each rotation.

Thanks for the help.

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
mathewkol
in reply to: KY9

I'm curious, what's the purpose of rotating things if you don't want to change the bearings?
Matt Kolberg
SolidCAD Professional Services
http://www.solidcad.ca /
Message 3 of 7
KY9
Observer

Good question. As a surveyor, you want to show the deed bearing and distance in comparison to the new/actual bearing and distance. A lot of old deed information was based on 1927 coordinates or on a different coordinate adjustment system and current survey requirements are based on one requirement.

You have to reference where you got your research data from. And if you happen to have 2 deeds/parcels that are adjoining but have different bearings, you have to show this. And show the new bearings based on current coordinate adjustments.

Message 4 of 7
mathewkol

How about xrefing the old deeds/parcels complete with their labels into a new dwg with the new deeds , rotaat, move, and scale the xref as required?
Matt Kolberg
SolidCAD Professional Services
http://www.solidcad.ca /
Message 5 of 7
jefflambert9091

If you are keeping the deed lines the same and just rotating for the final survey you could create a style that shows the original deed bearing and the current bearing. You can create an expression adding or subtracting the angle rotated from the segment direction and add it as part of the label.

It would not be efficient if each line was a different rotation. We have a general line label style to manually type in a deed bearing and/or distance. We use this if we only have a few.  

Jeff
Civil 3D 2024
Message 6 of 7
rl_jackson

Something that I routinely do, is have a parcel with lables at the originial bearing base, and another thats rotated. I explode the original lables twice to make them mtext, then I make them annotative (for scaling purposes) and move them to the new lines. Simply and I still have the original parcel along with the new parcel in my drawing.

Rick Jackson
Survey CAD Technician VI

Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 7 of 7
KY9
Observer
in reply to: rl_jackson

Thanks guys. I have been doing the same method that rl_jackson is talking about.

I just thought maybe there was an override or a way around exploding the 'segment labels'.

Thanks again for the help and additional ways of doing it.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report