Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Border/Leader/Mtext Lineweight: StationOffset Label vs. Multileader

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
d_reno
1018 Views, 5 Replies

Border/Leader/Mtext Lineweight: StationOffset Label vs. Multileader

I have dragged station offset and multileaders next to each other in the drawing. Everything is set to go on the same layer. I am using named (stb) plot styles. The layer's lineweight is set to .25mm. However, I usually make the leaders be lighter in weight - .13mm. I am using text borders on both of these objects.

I can't get both the text and border to be the same in both objects unless I set everything to Bylayer. Given that I want lightweight leaders, and heavier text, this is unnacceptable.

It seems that the StaOff label style text and border weight in DRAGGED state are controlled by one lineweight setting.

In a multi leader, the text weight is always, apparently, Bylayer, and the text border is controlled by the lineweight set for the leader.

Does anyone know how I can get this to work? It is a fairly minor detail, but a truly professional looking set of plans wouldn't have this going on.

David Renaud, RLS
C3D 2012 on 64bit Win 7 all up to date
Dell Precision 7core 8GB RAM
NVIDIA Quadro FX 1800M
LDT/C3D user since release 12
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
dgordon
in reply to: d_reno

the color of the text in each component can be set inside the editor seperate from the leader color.

see attachment

Dan

Civil 3D 2013
Win 7 Pro x64
Intel Xeon 2.0GHz
12Gb Ram
ATI Firepro 4800
Dell T5500
www.preinnewhof.com
Message 3 of 6
d_reno
in reply to: dgordon

which would work except that we use named plotting styles ...

thanks!

David Renaud, RLS
C3D 2012 on 64bit Win 7 all up to date
Dell Precision 7core 8GB RAM
NVIDIA Quadro FX 1800M
LDT/C3D user since release 12
Message 4 of 6
civ_engineer

Hey,

Did you ever get this problem resolved? I have leader lines that I can't seem to change the weight of.. I'm using style based and set the leader line to 0.008 with no effect... it's layer is also .008.. I had it using bylayer at first. It looks to be using 0.031, which looks horrible nect to the .008 text it's pointing too.  I have the same issue with my curve station labels for the PC/PT.. the lines that go with those labels are too heavy as will.  I've check all the settings I can think to check.

Message 5 of 6
civ_engineer
in reply to: civ_engineer

I never heard back from anyone on this so I thought I'd ask again.

I've discovered since my last post that my leaders and lines are using the weight from the object layer it's on.. completely ignoring the settings in the style.

Has anyone else had this problem?

Civil 3D 2012
Windows 7, 64 bit

Message 6 of 6
mathewkol

Not sure how to fix your problem but if you used true type fonts you can set the layer to a small lineweight (for your leaders); the text will stay bold as per the TTF font.
Matt Kolberg
SolidCAD Professional Services
http://www.solidcad.ca /

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report