Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Blocks won't display when inserted

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
jmej01
7134 Views, 3 Replies

Blocks won't display when inserted

I am trying to insert blocks into a drawing but they don't show up.  I don't get an error, they just don't show.  They work and display fine in other drawings.  This particular drawing I started from a template and have xref'd 2 drawings in.  The drawings were originally .dgn's.  Layers are on, nothing frozen in viewport, etc.  This is driving me nuts so any help would be greatly appreciated.  FYI, Civil 3D 2011.  Thanks.

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
owenmull
in reply to: jmej01

Try using the 'mapimport' command. That tends to hande Microstation data a bit better.

-Owen
Windows 7 x 64 bit

Civil 3D 2017

If you go to the block editor (type blockedit or be) do you see the name of the block(s) in the list? If so pick it and see what is in the definition in the drawing. Maybe the lines are created on a layer other than 0 that is currently frozen in your drawing.

Ian McClain
Message 4 of 4
KirkNoonan

Zoom extents and see if the block has somehow given itself a funky insertion point that is off in space. I've had that happen with the dgn-originated drawings before. If that is the case, edit the block and give it an insertion point.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report