Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

block issues 2000 to 2013

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
kayakfun
394 Views, 3 Replies

block issues 2000 to 2013

I am having trouble with drawings from a survey company. They are using AutoCAD 2000 and we have AutoCAD 2013 Civil 3D. We sent them a drawing that has all the blocks for the symbols for them to use. When we get drawings back from them there are missing symbols. The same symbols each time. Does anyone have any idea why this is happening or a fix for it?

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
tcorey
in reply to: kayakfun

As a test, don't use SAVEAS to save the drawing to 2000 format, use EXPORTTOAUTOCAD2000. Do you still get the same results?. If so, post your drawing.

Last resort, get a new surveyor who has modern software. Smiley Wink

Tim

Tim Corey
MicroCAD Training and Consulting, Inc.
Redding, CA
Autodesk Gold Reseller

New knowledge is the most valuable commodity on earth. -- Kurt Vonnegut
Message 3 of 4
mathewkol

Maybe they're deleting them. Maybe they inserted another block with the same name and it overwrote yours. I suspect it's user error on their part but it's impossible to know without seeing what they're doing. Is it blocks or is it civil 3d points with styles? If it's points then Tim's suggestion is perfect.
Matt Kolberg
SolidCAD Professional Services
http://www.solidcad.ca /
Message 4 of 4
kayakfun

As I dug a little more into it I found out that the blocks are annotative objects with scaling/positioning. As I understand AutoCAD 2000 cannot handle these objects the way they are. I had the surveyer redefine the blocks so they do not have anything associated with them and it seems to work. Thanks for the suggestions.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report