AutoCAD Civil 3D General Discussion

AutoCAD Civil 3D General Discussion

Valued Mentor
KirkNoonan
Message 1 of 4 (197 Views)

Block in Point Label in XREF color issue

197 Views, 3 Replies
03-14-2012 12:25 PM

Here's a weird one. I have a block tha I use in a point label style. All of the block entities are on layer 0. The label style is also set to layer 0 so that it get on the same layer as the point. I've tried setting the block color in the label at by layer and by block. When a drawing that contains this label style is XREF'ed into another drawing, the block in the label always takes on the color of the current layer. Am I overlooking something?

Thanks,

Kirk

C3D 2011, Version 3

edit: I attached an example. The top figure is the point with the block in the label and the bottom is just the block itself.

*Expert Elite*
MarySeufert
Message 2 of 4 (179 Views)

Re: Block in Point Label in XREF color issue

03-14-2012 01:50 PM in reply to: KirkNoonan

This is a known issue...

See this thread and the others linked in it.

Solution in regards to plotting issues that stem from this is to make sure your current layer is set to '0' before plotting.

~ Mary

mathewk
Message 3 of 4 (162 Views)

03-14-2012 07:45 PM in reply to: KirkNoonan
I'd prefer not to use layer 0 within the block. Having to remember to set the current layer to 0 before printing is not as reliable especially when you have others printing your files.
Matt Kolberg
Cansel - Autodesk Division
http://www.cansel.ca/
*Expert Elite*
mathewk
Message 4 of 4 (161 Views)

03-14-2012 07:46 PM in reply to: KirkNoonan
Obviously neither workaround is ideal.
Matt Kolberg
Cansel - Autodesk Division
http://www.cansel.ca/
Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.
Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions or visit the Installation and Licensing Forum to get help installing your software.