Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

block attributes surface elevation

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
Anonymous
1168 Views, 6 Replies

block attributes surface elevation

Hi,

I got this plan from a third person and, the point from the survey have the property " bloc ". In their attribute property, I can see the elevation value. but in the z of the actual bloc, it shows zero. I would like to tell C3D to use the attribute elevation for his actual Z in the drawing. How can I achieve this ?

Thanks !

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

Oh, found it.

Message 3 of 7
Anonymous

I attached the .dwg so maybe it is more clear. I got the surface from bloc elevation attribute. Then I could deleted the many bloc. I then draw my profile line and tryed to obtain a profil from the profile by elevation. But when using the wizard.. I see that my elevation of the surface is varying between 0 and 0... I don't get it. In the 3-D visualisation thought I clearly see there are elevation on the surface !

Someone got a clue ?

Message 4 of 7
ToddRogers-WPM

Use the command EATTEXT to extrude the attributes to a .csv file.  Then import the .csv file so you will have Civil 3D points.

Todd Rogers
Message 5 of 7
Anonymous
in reply to: ToddRogers-WPM

Well, I tryed the command. But in the column for elevation, I see Z with 0... I don't understand. The surface preview shows the surface with elevation ??

Message 6 of 7
ToddRogers-WPM

Can you attach the drawing that has the block attributes in it?

Todd Rogers
Message 7 of 7
Anonymous

I'm going to guess that since you deleted the blocks, you did not have the "Copy deleted dependent objects" set to Yes in the surface definition. When you deleted the blocks, you deleted the data the surface needed to build.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report