Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Blank Profile Reports

10 REPLIES 10
SOLVED
Message 1 of 11
KirkNoonan
1307 Views, 10 Replies

Blank Profile Reports

I am always astounded by the potential functionality that can be found in this software. I found many threads on this topic, but none seem to address Civil3D 2011. I tried Jeff's C3DReport.dll to no avail. It wouldn't load. Possibly a 64-bit vs. 32-bit issue?.

I tried exporting my profiles to LandXML and the data is in the xml file, but neither the reports in the toolbox nor the LandXML Reporting 8 tools can present me that data in a useable form. All of the various profile reports (xsl or .Net) come out with nothing but the header. Does anyone have a way to get a profile report out of the 64-bit version of Civil 3D 2011.

Kirk Noonan

Civil 3D 2011 64-bit

Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit

Toshiba Qosmio X505 i5 w/ 4 GB Ram

10 REPLIES 10
Message 2 of 11
wfberry
in reply to: KirkNoonan

Are you using Microsoft Internet Explorer's browser?

Bill

Message 3 of 11
Jeff_M

I'm not sure what the problem might be for you, Kirk. I'm not using 2011 for production so I hadn't tried any of the reports until now. Each of the .NET reports work for me, although the Incremental Stationing has crashed once. And the Profiles_in_CSV also works...the only XML report.

Can you be more specific about "Jeff's C3DReport.dll"? Such as what thread did you find that in? (My memory needs frequent jogging, sorry. I recall posting something, but not when or why...)

Jeff_M, also a frequent Swamper
EESignature
Message 4 of 11
KirkNoonan

Thanks for answering Jeff. The thread is here: http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/AutoCAD-Civil-3D/Report-Manager-Problems/m-p/2574270/highlight/true#M1...

Maybe I should export the profiles out to an older xml version?

Message 5 of 11
KirkNoonan
in reply to: wfberry

Actually, the IE problem seems to be fixed in 2011. Regardless, I am trying to generate a .csv file. THe browser should be irrelevant since the file opens in Excel. But, no - I'm using Chrome.

Message 6 of 11
Jeff_M

OK, I checked the old thread, then compared the changes I made to correct that issue with the 2011 reports. 2011 includes those revisions OOTB, so should be a non-issue. Plus, the DLL is not used for the XSL reports (which there are 2 of, not one as I said in my last reply).

While looking at these some more, I do see cases where the XSL reports are empty....when trying to use Existing profiles no data is output. Only Design profiles get included in the reports. Perhaps this is what you are experiencing?

EESignature
Message 7 of 11
KirkNoonan

That is precisely what I am experiencing. Do I need to hack the xml to make it think that they are design profiles?

Message 8 of 11
KirkNoonan

OK, so I created a design profile along the existing profile and did an incremental station elevation difference report. That gave me the data needed from the existing profile. What a PITA. Why can't you get the data from an existing ground profile?

Message 9 of 11
Jeff_M

@kirknoonan wrote:

What a PITA. Why can't you get the data from an existing ground profile?

Guess....the reports were intended for design check (submittals to agencies) and/or staking. Since the EG is not normally designed or staked, they saw no need to include them.
I don't get credit for helping you to arrive your solution? 

EESignature
Message 10 of 11
Jeff_M

If this is something you need on a regular basis, might I suggest looking into the Display Profile command in SincpacC3D? You can choose to have a number of columns for the data to report, all customizable as far as what to report and in which order. Then you can print it out or send it to a file.

1-8-2011 2-46-11 PM.png

EESignature
Message 11 of 11
KirkNoonan
in reply to: Jeff_M

You bet, the credit is given where it is due. But I did have to think twice after the shameless plug for Sinc's software ; )

Thanks for making me think and dig a little deeper.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report