Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bad linetype error, reestablish support paths

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
BethZetzman
1003 Views, 4 Replies

Bad linetype error, reestablish support paths

I used autocad 2010 at my old job but I now use 2012. Now, I keep getting a "bad definition for linetype" error when I try to use linetypes that worked fine at my old job. Someone suggested that I reestablish my support paths but I don't know how to do this. Can anyone shed some light on this?

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
JonRusk
in reply to: BethZetzman

How are trying to 'use' the linetypes? Sounds like the linetypes or text styles they use are not defined in your drawing. If you try to load a linetype (type LT) that uses a text stye that is not in your drawing you will get that error.

Civil 3D 2013 - Windows 7 Pro 64 - Dell T3500 - Xeon 2.67 - 24gb - Quadro 600
Message 3 of 5
BethZetzman
in reply to: JonRusk

The linetypes that give me the error have shapefiles associated with them. The ones that reference a text styles work so maybe it has something to do with autocad not recognizing the shapefile? Do I need to load the shapefiles that are referenced in the linetypes into autocad and if so how do I do that?

Message 4 of 5
JonRusk
in reply to: BethZetzman

Yes. To load a shapefile type LOAD.

You may want to load the shapefiles and linetypes in your template drawing so they are there for all new drawings. You will find the location of that file in Options (type OP or options) in the files tab under template settings > default template file name for QNEW.

Civil 3D 2013 - Windows 7 Pro 64 - Dell T3500 - Xeon 2.67 - 24gb - Quadro 600
Message 5 of 5
anjuarch786
in reply to: JonRusk

please tell me how to fix my problem in cad 2013 i attached the screen shot the hotwater line type dos not show accurate 

thanks

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report