Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Backup and Restore Settings, Toolbars, and Workspaces

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
Postmaster_G
2857 Views, 3 Replies

Backup and Restore Settings, Toolbars, and Workspaces

My PC died on the latest NVIDIA driver install and I had to start from zero (grrrrr).

Is there an easy way to backup all of my settings, toolbars, and workspaces?

Examples of things I want to save:

Crosshair size, color settings, apeture size... things you would find under options;

Workspace settings;

Customized toolbars and buttons.

I do not need to do anything with linetypes, lsp files, or blocks.

Thank you

G

-Meow
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
dgorsman
in reply to: Postmaster_G

Most of the settings in the Options dialog are stored in the profile, so if you export an ARG (or grab the appropriate registry section) you will have those.  The profile determines the Main and Enterprise CUIx files, which in turn determine the workspaces you were working with.  So if you grab the Main and Enterprise CUIx files you had current (including partials) that should take care of your workspace settings.

----------------------------------
If you are going to fly by the seat of your pants, expect friction burns.
"I don't know" is the beginning of knowledge, not the end.

Message 3 of 4
Postmaster_G

So under the profiles tab in options, I simply selected export and saved my file.

What I wasn't sure about is the list of available profiles.

The one that is highlighted is the way it was when I opened the options->profiles dialog.

Do I need to create my own or will what I exported save my settings?

Profiles.PNG

Also, on the CUI dialog, I just went to the transfer tab, clicked the dropdown menu on the left side and selected save as.

Does this sound right.

CUIX.PNG

-Meow
Message 4 of 4
dgorsman

Notice at the top of the Options dialog, the line "Current Profile:"?  Thats the profile in use.  It should also be highlighted.  You don't have to create your own profile name, but if you do then thats the one to be exported.  If you aren't already aware, the profile in use at start-up is determined by the shortcut you use to launch Civil3D.  The metric shortcut will show it as "/p <<C3D_Metric>>".

As for the CUIx files, you can do a save-as or just copy the file.  The default OOTB is to use one of the Civil3D CUIx files for the Main (where you save workspace settings).  I usually add the Civil3D CUIx files through the Enterprise and start with an empty Main.  That way, when it comes time to do any backups or transfers, I can take the Main without disturbing any of the OOTB content in the C3D.CUIx (or other) file.

----------------------------------
If you are going to fly by the seat of your pants, expect friction burns.
"I don't know" is the beginning of knowledge, not the end.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report