Since we updated to C3D 2012, our background masks are not plotting.
They show up and seem to work properly in both Model and Paper spaces as well as print preview.
They do not plot whether it is selected through the MText dialog or in an Object Label dialog box.
I have made sure the draw order was correct and made sure that the "Lines Overwrite" option is selected.
This is happening on all three of our workstations which are a mix of XP and Win 7. We are printing to a KIP 3000 and I have made sure the drivers are up-to-date.
I have searched for a solution for this problem here in the forums and on the internet over the last few months with no success. Is anybody else having this problem or have an idea what it could be?
Found this on a different site, I have 3 printer setting here and sometimes i got to switch between them even though it is the same printer.
I just created a new pc3 for the plotter and it works fine. We recently upgraded from AutoCAD 2000i and the old plotter configuration was migrated from that. I'm finding more and more reasons to wish we had just started from a clean slate instead of migrating our settings
I only have C3D 2011, but I do use the kip 3000 also. We had to make sure the driver is set to "KIPScript" in the properties/printer options.
Let me back up a step....all I print are pdf using the DWG to PDF standard installed driver. If you do that, and the pdf looks good, it must be the printer settings. KIPGL I think is the default instead of KIPScript, and KIPGL never plots the backgrounds. We set up the driver on the network to default to KIPScript and it works very nice with the pdf plots.
I never print straight to the KIP or any other printer straight out of cad, so I can't really offer any input there....I just find it easier to have one page setup that is the full size and everyone can use, and then let pdf do all the leg work to the printer.
Hope it helps.
Try using KIP Request to spool your plot files/PDFs to your KIP3000. I've experienced some odd mask behavior from my KIP3000. It would actually print the masks as black and white stripes. Spooling from KR results in masks behaving as they should, plotting directly from AutoCAD does not. I went through all the settings available, but nothing I can change in the pc3 file, or windows driver settings would change the striped masks. Changing driver versions did not help.
Very odd issue, that I have yet to find a total solution for. The KIP tech that services it also does not have a solution.
Access a broad range of knowledge to help get the most out of your products and services.