Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Background masking

9 REPLIES 9
Message 1 of 10
Anonymous
487 Views, 9 Replies

Background masking

I have problem with the background masking on MtextThe whole text dosen´´t get covered. Im attaching a picture to show my problem.

Anybody who know why the texts get shown differently?

9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10
Brin33
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi Rob,
If you select the text, do you get a Grip that you can slide along?
It looks like the text is longer than the box defining it.
Message 3 of 10
doni49

What version are you using?

My first thought was the same as what Brin said.  So decided to test the theory.  Following is the result.  My "arrow" is well within the text but the masking covers the entire thing.  My test was done in 2014.

TextMaskProblem.png

EDIT:  I decided to see what would happen if the text was right justified as shown in your original image.  Following is the result of that test.

TextMaskProblem2.png

Don Ireland
Engineering Design Technician

If a reply solves your issue, please remember to click on "Accept as Solution". This will help other users looking to solve a similar issue. Thank you.

Please do not send a PM asking for assistance. That's what the forums are for. This allows everyone to benefit from the question asked and the answers given.

Message 4 of 10
johngordon6189
in reply to: doni49

double clicking the mtext to edit and double clicking the diamond at the top doesn't fix this?  I am unable to recreate your circumstance in 2015.

John Gordon
CAD Manager/Survey Technician

C3D 2018/2020
Microstation
Windows 10
Message 5 of 10
Brin33

Ahh good point Don,

This is a problem in 2012.  (Thats what verision I had open at the time)

Looks like Don proved it isnt an issue in 2014.

Which Version are you using Rob?

Message 6 of 10
doni49
in reply to: Brin33

I just performed the same test in 2012.  See the little arrow above the second letter in my image?  When you select your mtext object, you should see something similar.  Drag it out past your text and see what happens.

TextMaskProblem2012a.png

Don Ireland
Engineering Design Technician

If a reply solves your issue, please remember to click on "Accept as Solution". This will help other users looking to solve a similar issue. Thank you.

Please do not send a PM asking for assistance. That's what the forums are for. This allows everyone to benefit from the question asked and the answers given.

Message 7 of 10
Anonymous

im using 2014 but the drawing is original older.

So i tried to create a new mtext and i realised that i looks different when ploted from model space och layout space. The problem aparantly only shows up when ploted from layout. Why?

Attaching pictures to show my problem

Message 8 of 10
Brin33

Hmm, I haven't seen that one before!

(Your line type changes scale as well between MS and PS, but that is probably a intentional, Hopefully one of the other chaps know the answer!)

Do you get the grips for resizing like in Don's image above?
Message 9 of 10
troma

Try setting the mtext width to zero.

Mark Green

Working on Civil 3D in Canada

Message 10 of 10
johngordon6189
in reply to: troma

Just a stab in the dark here but, is the annotative scale in the model the same as the viewport in paper space?

John Gordon
CAD Manager/Survey Technician

C3D 2018/2020
Microstation
Windows 10

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report