Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Background Mask (Text Mask) editable in C3D 2012?

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
tgsearles
5889 Views, 5 Replies

Background Mask (Text Mask) editable in C3D 2012?

I'm trying to figure out how to manipulate the size of the wipeout for a text mask. 

Simply selecting the masked text in C3D 2011 provided pick boxes at the four corners of the wipeout, making it very easy to manipulate the size of the wipeout box.  I'm hoping to do the same in C3D 2012, but the wipeout seems to be treated like a block and lacks the pick boxes.

A system variable maybe?

Thanks in advance for any advice,

Todd

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
gjrcmb
in reply to: tgsearles

Type WIPEOUT, Frames, ON.

Message 3 of 6
tgsearles
in reply to: gjrcmb

Thanks, Gavin.  This works well to control the wipeout size/position, and turning the frames back off when ready to plot simulates a text mask.

Is there a way you know of to produce an actual mask where the border is equally editable, but where you don't need to toggle the frames on/off? 

I often return to drawings for updates long after I've completed them, and there's a chance (a strong one actually) that I could forget the method I used to create/edit these wipeouts...

Message 4 of 6
mmcmanus

I think a better way to do this would be to use the background mask option found in the text editor. It gives you more options and I have had problems with some old printers with the older text mask and frames way of doing things.

Message 5 of 6
gjrcmb
in reply to: mmcmanus

Yes, I know that there are sometimes plotting issues with masking.  Seems like this has been a problem with hard plots or pdf plots at times.  Always nice seeing a lot of black or hatched blocks on your print out.  So good information and recommendation to know about the Background Masking in relation to MText and the Text Editor, and this being less problematic.  Hopefully that is also the case with Background Mask that you can apply to C3D Label Styles.

As far as existing text that has already been masked with wipeout, you could use QSelect to select the wipeouts and view the grips.  Or just Ctrl-A to select everything, assuming that PICKSTYLE (for selecting groups) is set to 0 or 2.

Message 6 of 6
tgsearles

Great, thank you both!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report