Solved! by lee_maverick. See the answer in context.
Great Idea Thanks for the Help
there is nothing provided in the style to do this.
maybe use the title text to give you the number and then type over it with normal text using the same style and height and then text mask the normal text.
and display order it higher than the profile view.
I am unable to find a way to apply text masking to the Axis Title Text that is part of a Profile View Style. The Axis Title Text is apparently not a separate style, so you only have access to the Text Component Editor for changing the text itself and not the Layout tab as you would see with Label Styles were you could apply masking to the text component.
However, with that in mind I was able to create a Label Style under Profile View > Station Elevation, where I did the following:
* Create a Text component on the Layout tab within the new label style.
* For the text component under the Border section, set the Border visibility to False and Background Mask to True.
* Select the ellipsis next to go into the Text Component Editor.
* Add a Property for Station Value with the settings you want, but do not include any elevation properties.
* Also probably need to adjust the rotation and offset values for the text back on the Layout tab.
After you create the Style you can add a Profile View Station Elevation label, where you can select or type in a Station and elevation. Only the Station gets labeled if you setup your style correctly, but of coarse the position of the label will be based on your input.
While this is obviously not as convenient as an option to mask the Axis Title Text through its own style settings, it was the only thing I could come up with.
I have a similar issue with section views and applied a similar solution to the one listed here. I created a station offset label and dropped it over the horizontal axis offsets that were being impacted. However, has anyone created a more elligant solution over the last year?
Access a broad range of knowledge to help get the most out of your products and services.