Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AVT 2014: Roundabout>Surface from Corridor>Contours ZigZag

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
doni49
395 Views, 3 Replies

AVT 2014: Roundabout>Surface from Corridor>Contours ZigZag

I'm using Autodesk Vehicle Tracking 2014 (AVT 2014).  I copied one of my project files that has a surface and I'm using this to become familiar with the software's capabilities.  Following is a screen shot of the surface that was created from the corridor that ATV created for the Roundabout.

Why do the contours ZigZag back and forth across the road surface?

ATVRoundaboutSurface.png

Don Ireland
Engineering Design Technician

If a reply solves your issue, please remember to click on "Accept as Solution". This will help other users looking to solve a similar issue. Thank you.

Please do not send a PM asking for assistance. That's what the forums are for. This allows everyone to benefit from the question asked and the answers given.

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
doni49
in reply to: doni49

I've continued to tinker.  Now I've got a parking lot in the same file.  I created a Parking "Row" around the perimiter of the lot.  There are issues at two the corners.  Now this parking lot isn't for an actual project so I'm not super concerned.  But I would like to know why this is happening so that I'll know how to deal with such issues when I AM working on a real project.

I started and ended the "row" at this corner.  I thought AVT automatically took care of the spaces at the corners.

AVTRowIntersection2.png

Another corner in the same lot....AVTRowIntersection.png

EDIT:  Here's a file with the parking lot.

Don Ireland

If a reply solves your issue, please remember to click on "Accept as Solution". This will help other users looking to solve a similar issue. Thank you.

Please do not send a PM asking for assistance. That's what the forums are for. This allows everyone to benefit from the question asked and the answers given.

Message 3 of 4
Nik-D
in reply to: doni49

Doni

Did you ever solve this problem with the zig zag contours as I am going through the same problem. My profiles created for the roundabout do not coincide with each other. Smiley Mad

Nik

Message 4 of 4
doni49
in reply to: Nik-D

No. Sorry but I haven't had time to do anything related to AVT since this post.

Don Ireland

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report