AutoCAD Civil 3D General Discussion

Valued Contributor
TonyLeggieri3279
Message 1 of 5 (469 Views)
Accepted Solution

Automatically Lock Points

469 Views, 4 Replies
07-30-2010 05:29 AM

Originally posted this in the survey group, but will probably have more luck here:

Does anyone know of a way to automatically lock all C3D points on either exit or drawing open? 

Problem is we have a few users who just forget to lock them.  We do not use nor are planning on using vault.

Tony

qrcode

Bad news is that is frowned upon by the Partners at our firm.  Good news is our last CAD Manager is up for parole in about a year...

Actually, I JUST got it to work in 2011.  Simply add

(command "lockpoints" "all")

to the end of the ACAD.LSP file (saved to a common location set in the Support Paths) and voila!!  Points lock on drawing open.

Doesn't work with 2009 (lockpoints command doesn't work, nor does aecclockpoints)...but works great in 2010 and 2011!!

Oh, and ACADLSPASDOC needs to be set to 1.

*Expert Elite*
wfberry
Message 2 of 5 (450 Views)

Re: Automatically Lock Points

07-30-2010 01:35 PM in reply to: TonyLeggieri3279

1. Single shot .22 or .45 should do the trick.

Bill

Valued Contributor
TonyLeggieri3279
Message 3 of 5 (447 Views)

07-30-2010 01:48 PM in reply to: wfberry

Bad news is that is frowned upon by the Partners at our firm.  Good news is our last CAD Manager is up for parole in about a year...

to the end of the ACAD.LSP file (saved to a common location set in the Support Paths) and voila!!  Points lock on drawing open.

Doesn't work with 2009 (lockpoints command doesn't work, nor does aecclockpoints)...but works great in 2010 and 2011!!

qrcode
*Expert Elite*
Sinc
Message 4 of 5 (437 Views)

07-30-2010 02:38 PM in reply to: TonyLeggieri3279

tonyleggieri3279 wrote:

I would recommend you don't do that.

If you want something to happen in every drawing, you can put it in your ACADDOC.LSP instead.  That way you still have the ACAD.LSP functionality loading only at startup.

It doesn't make a whole lot of difference if you don't have anything in your ACAD.LSP to start with, but you never know when you might want to start using the ACAD.LSP in the future.  So I say it's best to just put the per-drawing stuff in ACADDOC.LSP, and keep ACADLSPASDOC set to 0.

Sinc
Valued Contributor
TonyLeggieri3279
Message 5 of 5 (432 Views)

07-30-2010 03:07 PM in reply to: Sinc

Thanks, Sinc!  I will definitely take your advice on that one.

Right now we don't have anything else in the file, but you never know.

qrcode
Post to the Community

Have questions about Autodesk products? Ask the community.

New Post
Announcements
Are You Going To Be @ AU 2014? Feel free to drop by our AU topic post and share your plans, plug a class that you're teaching, or simply check out who else from the community might be in attendance. Ohh and don't forgot to stop by the Autodesk Help | Learn | Collaborate booths in the Exhibit Hall and meet our community team if you get a chance!