Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Automatic Rim Adjustment Bug

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
KW-EGA
207 Views, 1 Reply

Automatic Rim Adjustment Bug

Yesterday I had gone through a drawing with a storm sewer netwoek and gave each structure with a Surface Adjustment Value of -0.1' under the Part Properties tab od the Structure Properties Dialog Box. The adjustment had worked properly and I saved the changes to the drawing.

This morning I opened the same drawing and found that the adjustment was not applied properly. The value in the dialog box was still -0.1', but the actually adjustment to the rim elevation was +0.1'. Re-entering the value in the dialog box changes the rim elevation to the proper elevation, but this took extra time and had I not caught the software error, the inlets would have been staked wrong in the field, and that would have been really costly.
1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
mikeb
in reply to: KW-EGA

Did you ever find a fix for this problem?
I am running into the same problem for a storm system design that has gone out for construction. We made a few minor edits and reissued the sheets only to find that the rim elevations on our catch basins were now above finished grade.
I checked the structure properties and it still indicated the adjustment should be 0.07' below FG and the "true" box was indicated but the rim was 0.07' above FG.
Much of the time a 0.14' error could be adjusted out in the field but this project is very tight. Other people in the office wonder what else is updating with incorrect information. We really cant afford to recheck every number each time we make any edit to the plans!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report